When Will the Huskers Be Ranked?

Mavric

Top 25  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

Sounds like a coach we know. 

While sipping on some :koolaid2:  I went with 4-0.  

yeah, well, he couldn't even do that, so improvement would be a plus........realistic expectations should be a good goal to begin with......i have gotten drunk too many times over the past 15 years to keep drinking cool-aid, you can have my glass, friend.

I'm assuming the early polls could see some wild adjustments so if we play well and win our first 3 decisively, no reason we couldn't crack the top 25 after 3rd game. If we go on to beat Michigan and 4-0, I think we're definitely ranked at that point. Starting so low will only be a challenge if we don't play well or barely squeak by a couple of those early ones.

40 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm assuming the early polls could see some wild adjustments so if we play well and win our first 3 decisively, no reason we couldn't crack the top 25 after 3rd game. If we go on to beat Michigan and 4-0, I think we're definitely ranked at that point. Starting so low will only be a challenge if we don't play well or barely squeak by a couple of those early ones.

If Michigan is 3-0 and we beat them to go 4-0, we'll be ranked in the top 15, because Michigan will have beaten Notre Dame, Frost is a hot coach, and Nebraska still benefits from its history.

When you have a difficult schedule like this, it's good to stagger them out, but it makes receiving votes in the polls tough since voters tend to be very momentum based. It'll be hard to get in without beating one of those tougher teams, so the question kinda becomes about which of those games will Nebraska win.

it is possible starting 3-0 does it but there are so many teams that start 3-0. Nebraska could have a good year record wise but not get in due to the timing of everything.

39 minutes ago, Landlord said:

If we go 3-0 in non-con, we'll definitely receive some votes but I doubt we'll crack the top 25. Then we'll probably win a few and lose a few, but there's a pretty decent chance of cracking the top 25 before tOSU.

Agreed. If we throttle the first three opponents and pull off an upset at Michigan, we have a chance.