When Will the Huskers Be Ranked?

Mavric

Top 25  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So 20 pessimists out there... I'm guessing more than half of you are in the wait and see mode first. I think this poll will hold more weight after the first 2 games. Tough to say right now, but I think beating a 2-1 ranked Michigan squad will get us just barely outside that top 25 then a resounding win over Purdue is enough to get in at 5-0.

16 hours ago, Landlord said:

If we go 3-0 in non-con, we'll definitely receive some votes but I doubt we'll crack the top 25. Then we'll probably win a few and lose a few, but there's a pretty decent chance of cracking the top 25 before tOSU.

As I sort of alluded to before, I think the final scores in those games will make all the difference.  

If we completely s#!thouse those guys, I'd be really surprised if we're not in the top 25 after that stretch.  If we beat them 34-28,  there's probably little chance.

Nebraska could go into the Michigan game ranked if the planets align, essentially those in the late teens, 20's drop some games. Otherwise beating Michigan should do it as long as Huskers are unbeaten prior to the game. It's going to be exciting, it's going to be heartbreaking, but let's just hope it wont be downright stupid.

On August 22, 2018 at 7:56 AM, Michiganball said:

Nebraska could go into the Michigan game ranked if the planets align, essentially those in the late teens, 20's drop some games. 

Who are some upset candidates in week 1?

21 UCF at UCONN 

17 WVU at Tennessee

25 LSU vs 8 Miami

20 VT at 19 FSU

Week 2

MSU at KSU

Week 3

UCF at UNC

BSU at OSU

LSU at Auburn

Who am I missing in that range?

I really hope nebraska is ranked going into the michigan game. I sure would like to see Michigan beat the Irish . The story lines for the michigan and nebraska game could be huge I think. But I still think michigan has problems at qb. The qb is a spread qb and you just can't go from a spread offense to a pro style offense and expect things to be ok.