Will Jackson leaves the team

knapplc

5 hours ago, Toe said:

Monday was the first day of class at UNL, right? Any word if he attended? Because I'm pretty sure that's what determines whether he burned the scholarship or not.

This is like Derrion Grim a couple years ago - he dropped after a single day of class, burning a scholarship that could have been given to a walk-on. Those are the guys that piss me off - it's not just a 'f#&% you' to Nebraska, it hurts someone else that the scholarship could have went to instead. All in a difference of a single day.

I believe fall camp is the magical day on calander, once they participate it's on the books. 

• Plus1 1

Pulled from Reddit:

Per Rivals DeanO:

“Nebraska would not confirm this to me yet, but I did confirm with a source that junior offensive lineman Jalin Barnett will officially be stepping away from football. Barnett suffered an injury setback in camp, and at this time, it makes sense for all involved to walk away from the game.

He'll be able to still keep his scholarship and stay at Nebraska, but not count on the 85. @Nate Clouse also confirmed that he was not at Fan Day, and a member of the coaching staff was seen taking his name off the autograph signing table.”

• Plus1 1