Avery Roberts

9 minutes ago, theknife said:

@Zacharias when will you have the inside scoop on the QB Race?!

Lol I don’t think anyone knows anything the media has not told us already. All I’ve heard is that it’s a close race. I think Huskeronline has a public story up about a scrimmage tomorrow that could go a long way in deciding the race.

Always a bummer to lose a player however this is a good thing.  Drive a tough program and folks will leave, this is far better, and shows more integrity on the part of Avery than athletes who basically quit but stay.   From an HR prospective the worst employee is the one that quits but doesn't leave.  Also if no athletes leave it may  indicate that the staff is not setting a challenging environment.  

6 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Sure wish they would have made their decision earlier.  Such a pity to waste those scholarships. 

Yeah, especially with Roberts where it's been pretty obvious for awhile that he is completely out of shape (i.e., not putting in the work required).

Jackson I can't blame as much because it sounds like most guys were getting pretty equal reps until recently so he might have thought he was right in the mix.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Maybe the coaches will try to release their initial depth charts the Friday before classes start from now on. 

Maybe it was a calculated decision?  Frost doesn't hand anything out until it is earned and he likely isn't ready to put any walk-on players on scholarship yet?  It's a stretch I know...  

1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

Maybe it was a calculated decision?  Frost doesn't hand anything out until it is earned and he likely isn't ready to put any walk-on players on scholarship yet?  It's a stretch I know...  

No. He didn’t purposely lose 2 scholarships because he didn’t want to give them to walk-ons.

These players still might’ve waited til it was too late so doing it earlier might not have prevented it. Who knows. 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Avery Roberts