Tristan Gebbia

4 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

I don't.

I Look forward to following his career no matter where it’s at. Wish it was here but, things are as they areLook forward to following his career no matter where it’s at. Wish it was here but, things are as they are

2 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

We would all transfer too if we were in gebbias shoes.  I don't blame him and I wish him the best.

I wouldn’t.  Right now he is number two behind a true freshman who will be running the ball and has a decent chance of being injured at some point in the season.  The only way your odds improve with any college football team is to be named the starter. 

The chances of him playing this season were 100%.  Not just in backup duty either. If you are confident you are the best and just need a chance to show it, you are in a pretty good place right now. 

Or or you can transfer and try to win the job somewhere else. You lose a year and still have to beat out their 4* Qb. 

I agree reed that he deserves to make the choice and I agree that I am just some guy on the internet. 

But I wouldn’t make that choice and as some loser on the internet I reserve the right to point out that it is a bad decision. 

26 minutes ago, Branno said:

It's selfish to ask him to sit out for two years so we can have a backup. If he leaves now at worst he sits for one and can play next season. At best, if he goes to a JUCO, he can play immediately this year and transfer back to D1 next year and play immediately.

So who should have transferred

-Brook B or Tommie F? It took both, plus Matt Thurman 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, dtbugeater said:

I wouldn’t.  Right now he is number two behind a true freshman who will be running the ball and has a decent chance of being injured at some point in the season.  The only way your odds improve with any college football team is to be named the starter. 

The chances of him playing this season were 100%.  Not just in backup duty either. If you are confident you are the best and just need a chance to show it, you are in a pretty good place right now. 

Or or you can transfer and try to win the job somewhere else. You lose a year and still have to beat out their 4* Qb. 

I agree reed that he deserves to make the choice and I agree that I am just some guy on the internet. 

But I wouldn’t make that choice and as some loser on the internet I reserve the right to point out that it is a bad decision. 

Maybe TG will transfer to Oregon State ... or Tulane

Well this development stinks. I figured he might be gone at the end of the year if he didn't see much playing time but didn't see this coming now. This seems to be the norm in college football anymore and with him being recruited to play in a pro style offense it's probably in his best interest to go somewhere the runs a drop back passing attack. Still leaves us in bind with one scholly QB on the roster. Hope AM shines and is able to stay healthy all year. I guessing Frost is going to be very aware of this and adjust the game plansto not place any unnecessary risk on AM. You can't call the game scared but you have to be aware there are only walk-on's behind him. I wonder who would be 4th string? I think Cam Taylor played QB in HS although that would be ton to put on a freshman who is now your 2nd string CB.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

First, a lot has changed about college football in 20+ years

Second Brook was very close to transferring before the 1995 season

But he didn’t 

And Scott Frost is directly out of that era 

3 minutes ago, Branno said:

Should Scott Frost have stayed at Stanford?

I think you missed the point 

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

But he didn’t 

And Scott Frost is directly out of that era 

I think you missed the point 

No, I got your point. I just think it isn't worth the electrons used to transmit it. I understand it would benefit the team to have Gebbia stay, and that in the past players have decided to stay.

But Gebbia needs to do what is best for him. For us to criticize him for doing what is best for his future is ridiculous. Now, tell me. Was it wrong for Scott Frost to transfer to Nebraska due to concerns over his football career?

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Branno said:

No, I got your point. I just think it isn't worth the electrons used to transmit it. I understand it would benefit the team to have Gebbia stay, and that in the past players have decided to stay.

But Gebbia needs to do what is best for him. For us to criticize him for doing what is best for his future is ridiculous. Now, tell me. Was it wrong for Scott Frost to transfer to Nebraska due to concerns over his football career?

Is it ever right for a fan to criticize any player?  Thank God he transferred now and not after a game he played poorly in. 

6 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

If Gebbia wants to make it to the NFL he's not going to do it behind Martinez.

Probably not, but then again Matt Cassel only threw 33 passes in college and started just one game.

EDIT: I should probably read some of the four pages after this post before responding. My bad!

27 minutes ago, dtbugeater said:

What if Martinez didn't get hurt?  Gebbia could play lights out and STILL have to worry about his job.  But yeah, let's have him stay this year with the possibility of him not playing two years.  I mean, who cares about what's best for the individual, as long as it benefits us and our fellow Nebraska.  #TheNebraskaWay

Sidenote: I'm not aiming the last sentence at you but I see A LOT of Nebraska fans who are dissing/upset with Gebbia for the decision.  Times like these show me why we're not as classy as we think.  

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia