Tristan Gebbia

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I’ve never had that attitude but I don’t hate either.

But the well-wishing players who leave is a little weird to me since I don’t know them personally. I don’t ill-wish them either. I’m just indifferent to players who don’t play for Nebraska.

No Ill will for players that leave...unless they join Texas, Wisconsin, or Iowa.  Then I'll hate them lol.  

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

OK, let me share something that I just read at a rivals board. 

The word from “some insider” ~ HuskerDana, snicker snicker, is = TG did not leave because he did not get the nod to start, but because how it was handled (It = maybe the announcement?). Anyone else who is connected to the program hear this? They refer to HCSF, as saying he would let the QB’s know, when it was decided. Which, Now they are linking HCSF’s comment today, that he would have handled it differently, as an admission of him not doing something. 

Man, I can’t wait for the games to begin! 

giphy.gif 

Frost said the QBs knew on Saturday and Gebbia took it well at first. If the person isn’t totally full of crap maybe Gebbia’s upset they didn’t tell the team. Mike Williams found out on Twitter. But for the team I don’t see why it should be announced anymore than any other position especially if you claim it’s a team game.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, commando said:

lot's of husker fans take the attitude that once a husker always a husker...unless we find a reason to hate you.  

I guess I must be outside looking in. Like I mentioned yesterday and here again today, no issue with him making his decision, but to do so without  going to the coaches, is where I thought he failed. Now it is being floated out there, that HCSF did not follow up with TG, thus; that is the reason he has departed. 

I swear, it just seems to me that poeple gravitate towards negativity more and more everyday. Not happy unless their mad!

Sick of it!

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Frost said the QBs knew on Saturday and Gebbia took it well at first. If the person isn’t totally full of crap maybe Gebbia’s upset they didn’t tell the team. Mike Williams found out on Twitter. But for the team I don’t see why it should be announced anymore than any other position especially if you claim it’s a team game.

I don’t know Moiraine, I guess that makes as much sense as anything, and I agree exactly on your second point! +1

6 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Mario spoke at length about how the message is delivered including giving the player a written evaluation, having the player sign it and a copy sent to the player’s parents. All very professional. The insider is making stuff up

He’s also done this successfully before. He told a story of one season he had a close QB battle and the backup was very upset but stayed. The starter was injured midway through the season and the backup ended up taking them to the playoffs and winning the first round game against Tony Romo’s team.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Wait....what?

Did you read all of what I wrote?   Here:   

Different situation.  The coach who recruited him, Bill Walsh, got fired.  And Frost didn't burn a scholarship when he left.  He transferred in January. 

Heh, it didn't occur to me that you'd think I did not realize Mike Riley got fired last year.  Let me rephrase my post:  

Different situation.  Like Gebbia the coach who recruited Scott Frost, Bill Walsh, got fired.  But unlike Gebbia, Frost didn't burn a scholarship when he left.  He transferred in January. 

======================================  

But at least you included my whole quote in your post above.   

A response that cut off the last part"And Frost didn't burn a scholarship when he left"to be clever and change the meaning of the post, well, that would be the kind of thing a deceptive little douchebag would do.  If you know what I mean.    

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, NUance said:

Hypothetical.  Because SF didn't do what I outlined in the post above.  But if he had (hypothetical) would that mean it's okay for people to act that way today?  

Yes, yes he did, just because it wasn't on the exact same time line, it's the same action because of not starting. 

11 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Mario spoke at length about how the message is delivered including giving the player a written evaluation, having the player sign it and a copy sent to the player’s parents. All very professional. The insider is making stuff up

4skers89; appreciate the details. I would join that board just to put this insider in his place, but not worth my time. The thread title is Gebbia is transferring. In the Husker rivals board, should you want to read where he is providing his insider information. Kills me, people who catfish the gullible. Insider info ~ ROFLMAO, +1 for the details!

Maybe I shouldn’t have used that board name on here, feel free to delete the name if this is the case Mods! 

All I know is this sucks.  

(Yes, it may not have that much visible effect if AM stays healthy.  But it’s always good to have a player like that (or at least what I thought he was like) competing and available as a backup.  I think it didn’t just make the qbs better, but the whole team.   I certainly think he helped the team get better this spring/summer, and am sad he has left).

I also think if there was more time for him to think it out and talk to the coaches, he would of likely stayed.  

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Frost just bailed on his commitment to a team eight months ago, if you want to frame it that way.

I guess some might say turn about is fair play.

This is a highly disingenuous statement, IMO. I don't think Gebbia would have gotten nearly as much flack as he has gotten if he transferred in the spring or if he'd have finished out the season and left afterward. 

The more apt comparison would be if Frost had taken the offer from Nebraska and bailed immediately. Instead, he and the staff worked their tails off to finish out the season with their team and help them win that bowl game.

Fact is that Gebbia left his team in a lurch for selfish reasons. That's his right, and I can't say it was the wrong decision for him, but I don't think it is right to pretend it is anything other than what it is.

• Plus1 4

I heard Tristan found a new school, where they want him to start.  It is called Gebbia U and they are looking for 122 guys, but no serious competition.

They are also seeking short-sighted individuals who don't realize that in the blink of an eye/twist of an ACL they could be the man .

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Dagerow said:

I also think if there was more time for him to think it out and talk to the coaches, he would of likely stayed.  

I've been wondering about this, too.

By and large, I'm chalking it up to a learning experience for Frost that I hope doesn't bite Nebraska in the ass. Perhaps he legitimately thought/trusted that TG would not leave the team a week before the game. Based on what we know, there's nothing egregious or deceptive about what happened. Frost said all along they'd want to name a starter by game week which meant there was a possibility it could happen one week before the game. TG would've known this because we knew it. If TG is any way upset about how/when he found out, that feels like it would fall largely on his shoulders, not Scott's.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

Yes, yes he did, just because it wasn't on the exact same time line, it's the same action because of not starting. 

3 hours ago, NUance said:

Hypothetical.  Because SF didn't do what I outlined in the post above.  But if he had (hypothetical) would that mean it's okay for people to act that way today?  

1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

No, no he didn't.  Like Gebbia, Frost left after his coach got fired and the new coach came in with a different scheme.  Unlike Gebbia, Frost transferred in January.  He did not cost his team a scholarship, and then bail out when he didn't get named the starter. 

That's way different. If Tristan had left back in January we could have recruited another QB.  As it is, he bailed out and left us short handed because *he* wasn't named the starter.  That's a selfish, self centered way of going about things, if you ask me.  But it seems like a lot of you in this thread see nothing wrong with it.  

• Plus1 5
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia