Tristan Gebbia

13 minutes ago, Landlord said:

If that's how it went down, I don't hold it against Gebbia's dad for encouraging him to make a decision to go somewhere else that he can hopefully play and have a better chance going forward. Good luck to the kid, I hope I hear his name in the headlines the next few years.

As a father with a son that plays sports, I am not sure how I would handle a situation like this.  I try to instill my son with the philosophy of helping your team in whatever way he can.  I wouldn't want to have him be thought of as a "quitter" just because things aren't going his way.  Of course, that's easier to say that now, when he hasn't been in a situation where he's been cut from a team or is forced to play back-up with little hope to play.

anyone who thought we were some how going to keep both martinez and gebbia after the winner of the QB battle was named is in need of a reality check. Both are Freshmen, whoever wins will most likely play for the next 4 years and the other would have to set on the bench for four years. Seeings how both these guys where highly touted QB's coming out of HS, and have the talent to be successful there is no way they would ride the bench. They would go where someone needs a QB. Turns out Gebbia is the odd guy out of the competition and is now looking for a job. Nothing to bemoan here, just wish the kid the best and send him on his way. 

• Plus1 4

3 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Gebbia came here to play for MR, and once he was let go, Gebbia stayed proNebraksa, even after Frost got the perfect guy to fit his system. If Gebbia would have transferred soon after MR was let go, nobody would have blamed him, but instead we have people who want to crucify him for sticking it out, working his ass off, and making the QB race a competitive one. If anything Gebbia made Martinez even better with forcing him to work his ass off as well. Let the kid go, wish him good luck and move on. For Christ sake at the end of the day it really doesn't impact any of our daily lives

Crucify is too good for him.  He should be forced to start at QB for Kansas the rest of his career.  :D

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

As a father with a son that plays sports, I am not sure how I would handle a situation like this.  I try to instill my son with the philosophy of helping your team in whatever way he can.  I wouldn't want to have him be thought of as a "quitter" just because things aren't going his way.  Of course, that's easier to say that now, when he hasn't been in a situation where he's been cut from a team or is forced to play back-up with little hope to play.

I think I would urge my son to stay if he played just about any position other than QB. It's extremely common for the backups to get a lot of reps at just about every position except for QB. If my son had the potential to play in the NFL at QB, I'd have to urge him to find another school that gives him the best opportunity to do so. 

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, Husker from Kansas said:

I think I would urge my son to stay if he played just about any position other than QB. It's extremely common for the backups to get a lot of reps at just about every position except for QB. If my son had the potential to play in the NFL at QB, I'd have to urge him to find another school that gives him the best opportunity to do so. 

Good point about the QB position.  Things are just different with QB, like you point out.

• Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia