John McCains farewell message

Kind of crazy to think that in this climate, all of us have disagreed or were very displeased with McCain at sometime, yet we all respected the hell out of him as a Senator and a human being. That's what happens when when you actually stand for things, do your best to do it the right way, and show humility. There's still hope for this country. We can compromise and come together to start really fixing our problems.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

I thought this was cute. They may have been political rivals, but they respect each other as people.

Why can't our politicians just treat each like this at all times? I understand that they may not agree on everything, but their goals should be the same. Make our country the best it can be. Instead more than not, it turns them into ugly people who do nothing but take shots at each other and try to do whatever they can to make each other look bad. We need more of this and less of the acting like asshats.

Sorry to get off topic.

McCain was a hell of a man who loved our country deeply. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Why can't our politicians just treat each like this at all times? I understand that they may not agree on everything, but their goals should be the same. Make our country the best it can be. Instead more than not, it turns them into ugly people who do nothing but take shots at each other and try to do whatever they can to make each other look bad. We need more of this and less of the acting like asshats.

Sorry to get off topic.

McCain was a hell of a man who loved our country deeply. 

Great Video - that is America in a nutshell and what "already makes US great"   -  Open debate, acceptance of differences but common unity that has allowed this country to accomplish uncommon success and good in the world for much of our existence.  The current occupant in the WH has no depth of understanding to know what truly makes us great. 

• Plus1 1