OL Recruiting

Bump to this thread.  Watched a fair amount of football this weekend.  To me it comes back to the line play and OL especially for us.  We are doing a good job recruiting but we need to take this to the next level.  A team like Auburn wins the game because they have excellent line play.  I don't think Auburn has better skill guys than Oregon or us but they won because their DL made stops and their OL protected a true freshman QB so he could make plays.  Oklahoma creates so many big plays because of the huge holes they get to run through.  Pretty much any RB is going to succeed in that environment.  There are great skill guys and QB's on a lot of teams.  The teams that build their lines (no holes, weak links) win the championships.  

13 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Bump to this thread.  Watched a fair amount of football this weekend.  To me it comes back to the line play and OL especially for us.  We are doing a good job recruiting but we need to take this to the next level.  A team like Auburn wins the game because they have excellent line play.  I don't think Auburn has better skill guys than Oregon or us but they won because their DL made stops and their OL protected a true freshman QB so he could make plays.  Oklahoma creates so many big plays because of the huge holes they get to run through.  Pretty much any RB is going to succeed in that environment.  There are great skill guys and QB's on a lot of teams.  The teams that build their lines (no holes, weak links) win the championships.  

Yes the line makes coaches and skilled players look amazing.  Our O-Line is young and most dominating lines around the country are littered with juniors and seniors

18 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Yes the line makes coaches and skilled players look amazing.  Our O-Line is young and most dominating lines around the country are littered with juniors and seniors

Ya I think this will be the area it takes Frost's recruiting the longest to impact. In good programs it's hard for young guys to play so we're stuck with Riley's recruiting for a couple years. Riley's OL recruiting was honestly pretty much terrible. 

• Fire 1
  • 7 months later...