Will Memorial ever sell beer?

I am I

7 minutes ago, I am I said:

I’m sure there’s a university policy or something but I’ve seen CSU’s new stadium up in Ft Collins and they have a bar in the end zone...

looking at the no smoking rule thread made me curious....

Not as long as Tom Osborne is alive, and even after I think it's a long shot.  Basketball, and baseball would get it way before football ever would. 

• Plus1 2

Is that the only caveat, TO?

or is there some state law or otherwise prohibiting? 

What other B1G schools sell? It’s not like a total money grab, but to get butts in seats and keep them, seems only like a matter of time 

It's been a long time ago and probably hearsay, but what I heard is that no state parks in Nebraska can have beer (or any alcohol) sold, and the university grounds is (considered?) a state park.

Sneaking alcohol in was fairly easy, but this was way before 9/11 and the increased security throughout the years since.

5 hours ago, I am I said:

Is that the only caveat, TO?

or is there some state law or otherwise prohibiting? 

What other B1G schools sell? It’s not like a total money grab, but to get butts in seats and keep them, seems only like a matter of time 

It is TO.  

They should sell and really they should start with just selling local beers from local brewers.  Shoot, just start off doing that right outside the stadium and see how it goes.  

• Plus1 1

You know, terrorists were going to use liquids in a terror plot so all fluids should be banned from the stadium and everyone should have to go through full body scanners manned by federal agents with machine guns and dogs.  That is the only way we will ever be truly safe and enjoy ourselves.

5 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

It's been a long time ago and probably hearsay, but what I heard is that no state parks in Nebraska can have beer (or any alcohol) sold, and the university grounds is (considered?) a state park.

Sneaking alcohol in was fairly easy, but this was way before 9/11 and the increased security throughout the years since.

The University campus, and therefore the Stadium which sits on the campus, is a dry campus.  It is not a State Park, it is the property of the University of Nebraska.

Baseball and Basketball venues are not on campus, therefore are not dry.  This could make it possible to sell there if they decide to.

I really doubt UNL would ever change the dry campus thing, for obvious reasons.  There could be an exception listed for only in the stadium on game days, but that is a stretch.  It isn't just TO.  A lot of people do not want this to happen.

As far as sneaking in, I wear boots normally and it is fairly easy to drop some shooters of Jack into my boots and bring those in.

• Plus1 2