Frost - The greatest hire since Nick Saban

Dansker

'Scott Frost will be the greatest, most influential coaching hire in college football since Nick Saban was hired at Alabama," FOX Sports college football commentator Tim Brando said on Ferrall on the Bench.'

https://cbssports.radio.com/articles/nebraskas-scott-frost-greatest-hire-nick-saban-alabama

Quite a proclamation. If Frost weren't a native Nebraskan, would you still feel like he was a home run hire? I can't complain. The postive and free press might boost recruiting this year. Maybe a top 15 ranked class is around the corner?

• Plus1 3

Just now, Hunter94 said:

time will tell.........

Obviously, yeah. I feel like he is the real deal. We're fortunate to have him come at the right time. I think he's a breath of fresh air compared to other top tier coaches. He teaches in a positive manner. I think in this day and age, a lot of parents will be comfortable and thrilled to send their kids to play at Nebraska for Scott. 

Pretty soon word will go around and opposing coaches won't be able to say bad things about our program or HC anymore. His sideline demeanor does remind me of Osborne and Turner Gill. But he's still young and has a little bit of fire in him. I don't think we'll have to worry about him becoming a highlight reel on SportsCenter for the wrong reasons, either.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

The only issue will be recruiting.  If he can recruit well and be in the top 4 in conference each year and top 20 or better in the nation each year...it will all work.

I agree. Clemson I think before they won the NC, they were scoring top 15 classes left and right and some in the top 10. They went out and picked up a ton of 4 star recruits. I think SF will have us play to our ability where we were 20-25 in recruiting most years under BP and MR but to me, I think Scott will get better results than his predecessors. Year 1 will be fun but year 2 or even 3... He may very well create a monster.

If he weren't a native Nebraskan that won a real national championship SEARS trophy, it wouldn't have nearly the same buzz around it.  But take that factor out of it:

-Coached QB and Offense during Oregon's best run

-Took an 0-12 UCF team and made them 13-0 in 2 years

-Was courted by multiple top coaching spots but chose Nebraska

We would still all be pretty damn jazzed about it even if he never left Stanford.

• Plus1 5

Frost really is the perfect head coaching hire. Moreso but Nebraska, but still for anyone. He's a new age coach who's hand-picked the most successful parts of the coaching philosophies of a who's who list of the best coaches in history.

His time here will really prove whether it's possible to get back to the top at Nebraska. If Frost can't, I don't suppose anybody can. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Frost really is the perfect head coaching hire. Moreso but Nebraska, but still for anyone. He's a new age coach who's hand-picked the most successful parts of the coaching philosophies of a who's who list of the best coaches in history.

His time here will really prove whether it's possible to get back to the top at Nebraska. If Frost can't, I don't suppose anybody can. 

He got a good gig at Nebraska. If money were his only motivation, he'd be at UF or FSU which I probably wouldn't be alive today if that happened.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, FTW said:

'Scott Frost will be the greatest, most influential coaching hire in college football since Nick Saban was hired at Alabama," FOX Sports college football commentator Tim Brando said on Ferrall on the Bench.'

https://cbssports.radio.com/articles/nebraskas-scott-frost-greatest-hire-nick-saban-alabama

Quite a proclamation. If Frost weren't a native Nebraskan, would you still feel like he was a home run hire? I can't complain. The postive and free press might boost recruiting this year. Maybe a top 15 ranked class is around the corner?

To the bolded, yes.  If Riley is given another year, it's possible Frost is at Florida or Tennessee this year.  I've got to think he would have been considered a home run hire if he were at either place.  I'm not sure if a top 15 ranked class is around the corner.  I'd assume he'll take a similar approach as to what Oregon did when he was there.  He'll look for players who fit his system who might not really be on anyone's radar but has lots and lots of speed.