Possible Sunday reschedule

24 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Biggest debacle of the Bill Moos era so far - if we still pay and get no game it is on him. He has some explaining to do to the season ticket holders and donars.

We're still paying Mike Riley $6,600,000, and that was a decision we could control. 

There's literally no worse nightmare from an administration's perspective than having possible weather cancellations during a game. You can't call it off prematurely, because if you do, you look like a fool if the weather doesn't happen. There should be a plan in place for these sort of events - and I'm 100% confident there is. Also, any announcement to fans would have to be made over the PA system - and I doubt the effectiveness of that when everybody is inside the concourse. 

What I don't know, and what is really confusing to me, is how the 1030am tomorrow leak got out and spread like wildfire. To me, I think that leak, which was probably not started by a Nebraska or Akron official, did more damage than anything else that happened tonight. 

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

We're still paying Mike Riley $6,600,000, and that was a decision we could control. 

There's literally no worse nightmare from an administration's perspective than having possible weather cancellations during a game. You can't call it off prematurely, because if you do, you look like a fool if the weather doesn't happen. There should be a plan in place for these sort of events - and I'm 100% confident there is. Also, any announcement to fans would have to be made over the PA system - and I doubt the effectiveness of that when everybody is inside the concourse. 

What I don't know, and what is really confusing to me, is how the 1030am tomorrow leak got out and spread like wildfire. To me, I think that leak, which was probably not started by a Nebraska or Akron official, did more damage than anything else that happened tonight. 

Fox actually had it on their ticker that it was rescheduled for 10:30.

30 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

All we know is FOX prematurely announced it. We don't know the details. We don't know if Akron skipped town and said forget it or if the weather outlook for tomorrow is bad enough they can't play. We don't know if both schools even came to any kind of agreement. All we know is it's cancelled and our season opener is against Colorado.

1 hour ago, I am I said:

This is f#&%ing bulls#!t 

i drove from Denver, met people, waited 2 hours in the stadium. 

Drove an hour back past York then turned around and decided to sleep in my suv in YORK with my son and go to the game. 

Now it’s canceled??  I’m so f’ing pissed. 

They never made an announcement in the stadium while we were there and they never made an announcement on the radio until at least 3 hours after it was delayed. They totally f#&%ed people tonight. 

They made an announcement in the stadium. They legit were trying to make it work. A game at 10 was legit going to happen. It legit wont happen because of logistical problems that just couldn't be overcome. s#!t legit happens

1 minute ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I'd certainly try to get an FCS team, Youngstown State excluded, to play at the end of the season.  I think that's doable and the Big Ten would allow it because I don't think Akron will have interest.

I would try to schedule Iowa State at the end of the season if we are not in the conference championship game. If not them South Dakota State seems like a solid option.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

I would try to schedule Iowa State at the end of the season if we are not in the conference championship game. If not them South Dakota State seems like a solid option.

Alabama has a bye week the same week we do. So does LSU, Memphis, UCF and we could replay Troy. None of these will happen though. 

In all honesty, I would guess we play in CC week granted we don't make it. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, I am I said:

This is f#&%ing bulls#!t 

i drove from Denver, met people, waited 2 hours in the stadium. 

Drove an hour back past York then turned around and decided to sleep in my suv in YORK with my son and go to the game. 

Now it’s canceled??  I’m so f’ing pissed. 

They never made an announcement in the stadium while we were there and they never made an announcement on the radio until at least 3 hours after it was delayed. They totally f#&%ed people tonight. 

Genuinely sorry about your personal troubles and how you were affected by this, but there's nothing to really be upset at any particular party about. Not much to be done, just very unfortunate circumstances out of human control.

• Plus1 1