Akron and the sellout streak

knapplc

6 hours ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

Why? You're going to get a ticket to the makeup game if there is one. It also has printed no refunds on the tickets for quite some time. 

Well I live 8 hours away and spent over $800 in travel expenses alone. I am not going to spend another $800. I spent $300 for 2 tickets (gppd seats) on stubhub and I will have to try to sell them if possible to get something back. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well I live 8 hours away and spent over $800 in travel expenses alone. I am not going to spend another $800. I spent $300 for 2 tickets (gppd seats) on stubhub and I will have to try to sell them if possible to get something back. 

You'd get more $ reselling them on Stubhub than you would getting a refund from the University.

10 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If you bought them on StubHub, then you can take it up with them and see if they'll refund you

I completely understand the frustration of someone who spent gobs of money to travel to this game, only to have it canceled due to a weather event.

I drove less than ten minutes to the game. Some people spent a day traveling. Who am I to say they shouldn't be upset about it, especially if they don't get to Memorial Stadium more than once or twice every few years.

People who live an hour's drive from here can come any time they want. Any game they want. 2/3 of Nebraska's population can literally come to the stadium after work for a tourist visit and make it back before bed time. 

Don't gripe at the people who came from out of state to this game. They're just venting. Lord knows they have every reason to.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Same. But it's not something that was controllable and I am at peace with that. 

I drove 8 hours each way and only had a 36 hour window to get it accomplished.  I would do it again if i knew what was going to happen.  The experience of the buzz around Nebraska, Tunnel walk, look on SF face before the game, and fans singing after the players left the field were priceless.  I will enjoy the 12th game at home on TV all while remembering that i saw the start of this new era - LIVE.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 3
20 hours ago, Moiraine said:

You'd get more $ reselling them on Stubhub than you would getting a refund from the University.

Thanks.  Yes I called Stubhub as I bought the tickets there and they said I could sell them back without the stubhub fee if a new game is scheduled.  Our schedules are so busy it would be hard to take my son all the way back to Nebraska, but I am planning to go to the Northwestern game in October.

I traveled over 600 miles to the game last Saturday and also spent about $300 on two tickets through Stubhub. Stubhub has already sent me an email letting me know my refund is on the way because of their fan protect guarantee. So while the long drive was no fun and the cancelation was a major bummer, at least I got my money back. All I'm saying is even if there's a new game scheduled somewhere down the line it looks like Stubhub has already started the process of issuing refunds. 

I hadn't been to a game in Lincoln for nearly seven years and I'm assuming the buzz around the place during that time was nothing like what we saw Saturday night. GBR!