Options for Game #12

Red Five

From Corn Nation, best write-up I have seen so far with out options

The good news for Nebraska is that there is a way for the Huskers to get back to 12 games. It might require Bill Moos to pay up more money, but it is in the best interest of Nebraska.

The first option is to find an eligible opponent during the Huskers bye week. There is an option that comes to mind for the Huskers here. It is facing the East Carolina Pirates.

Here is how this would work. Nebraska would buy out East Carolina playing a non-conference game against the Old Dominion Monarch’s. Old Dominion and Akron would then play a non-conference game instead on September 29th. ECU would have their buy on September 29th, and would schedule the non-conference game against the Huskers on October 27th.

While the Huskers could pull that off, I would rate it as unlikely. Nebraska will probably want a bye week during the year. The Huskers have to go to Ohio State after their bye week as well.

The other option for Nebraska is that they could schedule a game for the weekend of December 1st. Nebraska has about six teams that they could pick from to play this weekend as well.

Teams that have not played a full 12 games are eligible, as well as teams that have made a trip to Hawaii and have not played 13 games. Current teams that would fit for this weekend are the Iowa State Cyclones, South Dakota State Jackrabbits, Akron Zips under the first rule. Under the Hawaii exemption, teams that would fit include Wyoming, Nevada, Utah State, and the University of Nevada-Las Vegas.

More here - > https://www.cornnation.com/2018/9/2/17811566/how-nebraska-huskers-can-play-12-games-with-cancellation-wyoming-iowa-state-possibly

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Most logical solution is to schedule an FCS team on the bye week. If we don't do that I would be shocked and dissapointed 

I'd hate to play an FCS team. It's a lose lose for us IMHO.  We win big, we should have. We lose and the ceiling crashes in and floor falls out...I just don't like playing the FCS schools.  That's just me.