Options for Game #12

Red Five

14 minutes ago, moveitforward said:

We are not ready to play Iowa State. The only good reason to schedule a makeup game would be to add a win to the win column.

I agree, why make this more difficult that it needs to be?  Don't play someone on the level of Savannah State or Prairie View A&M, which probably eliminates Bethune Cookman.  Abilene Christian. or Samford are perfectly fine opponents for 10/27.  I'll bet they are both better than Kansas and would likely have a puncher's chance against Illinois.

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Why wouldn't we reschedule Akron for Dec. 1 then?

Because F Akron.  They wanted to get out of here as soon as they could and collect a pay day.  Sure it would have been a hassle to have the game today but we were more than ready to make accommodations for them and put in our part to make it happen.  In another sense maybe I would want to reschedule with them and beat the living hell out of em.  

1 hour ago, Blackshirts007 said:

Because F Akron.  They wanted to get out of here as soon as they could and collect a pay day.  Sure it would have been a hassle to have the game today but we were more than ready to make accommodations for them and put in our part to make it happen.  In another sense maybe I would want to reschedule with them and beat the living hell out of em.  

Actually I see little benefit in playing a starter game after the season is over......especially considering they hightailed it. I don't see it happening......should've been played today.

3 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Florida State played a game during championship weekend last year to make a bowl.  It has been done.

I'd like for them to schedule a FCS team during the bye.  I don't think the extra week is going to help us beat Ohio State.  I see that as a likely loss regardless. 

I agree, and from that same perspective, if we truly need this game to reach 6 wins, then we're probably better off having the week of Dec 3 off to rest and recover from the season. We're likely looking at a Dec 23 bowl game if we're only at 6 wins, so it's going to be a quick turnaround (as far as bowl season goes) if we schedule something for the first weekend of December.

5 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Actually I see little benefit in playing a starter game after the season is over......especially considering they hightailed it. I don't see it happening......should've been played today.

Any and every other cupcake team would've left. That much was predictable.

The only reason to schedule another game should be bowl eligibility (and the extra practice time that comes with it). I hope we don't need an extra game to attain that, but if we do, then we're shooting ourselves in the foot of we don't try to get something scheduled.

1 hour ago, Blackshirts007 said:

If I were in their shoes, I'd probably do the same. Get a million dollars and avoid playing a meaningless game where my team would probably get whooped and some of my guys could easily get injured? Good for them that they came out way ahead in this scenario.

• Plus1 1