Options for Game #12

Red Five

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

If I were in their shoes, I'd probably do the same. Get a million dollars and avoid playing a meaningless game where my team would probably get whooped and some of my guys could easily get injured? Good for them that they came out way ahead in this scenario.

Did they get full payment? I just read some random article that it’s under negotiation. That could be one expensive kickoff 

5 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

I get the feeling Moos will wait and see how the season goes before he reschedules a game. If it looks like we'll make a bowl game without the additional game, then my money is on him not rescheduling. 

One thing to keep in mind is that game will bring in $ to Lincoln and to the University if it’s played.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok....I saw somewhere that we are supposed to hold onto our tickets from this weekend Incase of a reschedule. 

thats  going to piss a lot of people off. My wife threw hers away. 

agree, how do you plan ahead for a make up game?  kind of unfair if you can't come for the make up game.......they should have offered refunds, makes us look like tight asses!

2 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

agree, how do you plan ahead for a make up game?  kind of unfair if you can't come for the make up game.......they should have offered refunds, makes us look like tight asses!

My guess is they aren't going to go down the refund path until they're sure there WON'T be a 12th game.   So probably not for a couple months yet (if at all).

It will probably be a mess if they reschedule Akron for December 1.  Season-ticket holders won't be bad because there's already a procedure in place to reissue tickets.  But any ticket sold to others will be nearly impossible to get sorted out, especially sold online.

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Call me crazy but I’d rather have the extra week of recovery and prep for tOSU than to squeeze a 12th game into that bye week slot.

Yeah, I'm really not that excited about filling our bye week with a game just to get to 12.

I know it looks desperate but I'd much rather wait and only schedule a game in December if it looks like we'll need it to win six (which I don't think we will).

We will not beat OSU this season. Whether we have a bye week or not. It might be the difference between losing by 21 as opposed to losing by 28-35 but we will still get beat handily. We need the extra bowl prep very badly since we didnt get those extra practices last year. And with how hard our schedule is, we need all 12 games to get bowl eligible. If you have the opportunity to schedule a game, you NEED to do it. But like I said earlier, im guessing they wont try very hard and will only have 11 games. And if we only win 5, Moos will have a lot of pissed off people on his hands. 

1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

We will not beat OSU this season. Whether we have a bye week or not. It might be the difference between losing by 21 as opposed to losing by 28-35 but we will still get beat handily. We need the extra bowl prep very badly since we didnt get those extra practices last year. And with how hard our schedule is, we need all 12 games to get bowl eligible. If you have the opportunity to schedule a game, you NEED to do it. But like I said earlier, im guessing they wont try very hard and will only have 11 games. And if we only win 5, Moos will have a lot of pissed off people on his hands. 

I'm not as concerned with having an extra week to prep for Ohio State as just having a break in the middle of the season to rest and get healthy.

• Plus1 2