Weather for Colorado game

khaake

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow...either CU's offense is really good or CSU's defense sucks really bad.

I'm guessing it's the latter.  

It's a bit of both, but CSU's defense is terrible.  They are trying an entire new defensive staff after sucking last year, and things aren't getting better.  They can't get lined up right, they can't tackle, and they can't perform the basics on defense.

Frost and Chinander will know what CU likes to run from their days in the PAC 12, so that will help, but I expect a high-scoring affair this Saturday.  NU will need to force some turnovers, because they won't completely shut down CU.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost and Chinander will know what CU likes to run from their days in the PAC 12, so that will help, but I expect a high-scoring affair this Saturday.  NU will need to force some turnovers, because they won't completely shut down CU.

That's my feelings also.  Nebraska's offense had better come to play and play well because they are going to need to put up some points to win.  I don't expect CU to put up 40 points on us.  But, they will score.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's my feelings also.  Nebraska's offense had better come to play and play well because they are going to need to put up some points to win.  I don't expect CU to put up 40 points on us.  But, they will score.

I think CU will get into the upper 20s, even lower 30s, so the NU offense will need to score early and often.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

The Weather Channel hypes events like no other. Headlines are always dire, in general, for Hurricanes because they would rather the public (that will be affected) take it seriously and prepare. I’m more focused on what the models actually are predicting.

It's also because it is a vehicle for more profit for Blackstone Group and Bain Capital by drawing extra attention to the situation and therefore TWC.  Remember when they fired many long-time meteorologists and thought bringing on Al Roker was a good idea?  Remember all the "disaster reality shows" programming taking place when actual bad weather events were happening and TWC was nowhere to be found?

• Plus1 2

On 9/3/2018 at 10:57 AM, C N Red said:

Hopefully officials are looking at weather and are making contingency plans just in case. 

UNL can have all the contingency plans in place they want to have, but at the end of the day ABC is going to say what is going to happen.  Once the Big10 sold the media rights, all we can do is ask and the rights holders (TV networks) can do what they want.  

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

UNL can have all the contingency plans in place they want to have, but at the end of the day ABC is going to say what is going to happen.  Once the Big10 sold the media rights, all we can do is ask and the rights holders (TV networks) can do what they want.  

They may have influence on decisions, but they aren't going to be at the head of the table. If the game can't be played til 7pm, that's when it will be played, TV or not. ESPN has enough networks they would figure it out. 

• Plus1 1

I have lived down here in South Florida for 34 years (wow.. 34.. seems like yesterday, or was that last week, when I was living in Lincoln).

So when passing showers occasionally went by on Sunday I didn't think anything of it, seemed like the usual Florida weather.  Monday had more constant rain to drizzle to rain and some wind.  That was then I thought, "Hey, this seems like a tropical storm" so I turned on the local stations for weather update and sure 'nuff, a storm was passing nearby.  I shrugged my shoulders I continued my day.   When one has been through hurricanes, anything less is just a mild blustery rainy day.  So I wouldn't sweat it if it ever gets up Nebraska way.

TS Gordon will be making landfall about the time you turn on your 10 PM news. The highest wind should be in the 50 kt range (under 60 mph) and once over land it will diminish. The remnants will wander around Arkansas for a few days.

Light rain will be on tap for around Lincoln for much of the day on Friday into Friday evening, but total accumulation is currently forecast for only about .15" for Lincoln.

This is how the latest run of the GFS sees the precip map at about Game Time on Saturday:

gameTimeColo.png