Akron may not get their money

cheekygeek

20 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I'm not sure the point of your post/response... but of course they don't have to pay a non P5 team but that is the most logical choice if the purpose of the game is to get to bowl eligibility. The money to pay another school has to come from somewhere. I'm sure there is a rainy day fund (pun intended) but the football team and athletic dept operate on a budget so its not as easy as just writing a check to another team. 

Nebraska isn’t going to go under because of this, I assure you

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

A lot of people are acting like it is your money and that Akron did this on purpose.  They wanted to play, these guys all want to play.  The Akron AD was not sitting up in his ivory tower holding his cat and stroking his moustache while laughing.  

+1000

Plus, Nebraska football is swimming in money. Pay them whatever we agreed to and remain on good terms with Akron and all future teams we're trying to schedule. It makes no sense to be miserly and have the subsequent bad press for ridiculous and unnecessary penny-pinching. Why even risk diverting attention from the good vibes and coverage we're getting right now?

7 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

What about the "Nebraska offered a couple unused floors of a dorm"

Yeah.  That's EXACTLY where i would want my team to sleep the night before a game

What I told people that babbled this type of nonsense, was “would you be fine with NU sleeping on cots or in dorm rooms in Ann Arbor??”   Usually ended the conversation quickly.

And my god the excuses and bitching from some of NU got four hours of sleep before a road game would’ve been comedy gold for years

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, TheSker said:

It's over and done now.  The only part I found "interesting" was Akron leaving seemed to catch Moos off guard.

It would seem instead of dialing around to find possible hotel availability, Akron would have asked for Nebraska athletics assistance with that as a first step.

I still don't understand how Moos and the other AD didn't have a contingency plan when they knew about the weather for a week!  It's just an embarrassing lack of foresight.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

I still don't understand how Moos and the other AD didn't have a contingency plan when they knew about the weather for a week!  It's just an embarrassing lack of foresight.

Pretty much what Frost said - it's not that they didn't know about the weather.  It's that most thunderstorms in Nebraska blow by in 30 minutes to an hour.  They expected a delay but not one that lasted eight hours.  Not embarrassing.  Just pretty bad luck.

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Pretty much what Frost said - it's not that they didn't know about the weather.  It's that most thunderstorms in Nebraska blow by in 30 minutes to an hour.  They expected a delay but not one that lasted eight hours.  Not embarrassing.  Just pretty bad luck.

No it's embarrassing that you didn't have a plan in place for a total cancellation.   The weather said thunderstorms from 6pm until Midnight starting the Sunday before.  

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

No it's embarrassing that you didn't have a plan in place for a total cancellation.   The weather said thunderstorms from 6pm until Midnight starting the Sunday before.  

No, you like to sensationalize.  No one makes plans to displace 90,000 people based on the chance on thunderstorms a week from now.

• Plus1 1