Akron may not get their money

cheekygeek

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I mean.  This is just.  

Just lock this thread and this discussion up.  It's only going to get worse

I WOULD BE OK WITH OUR PLAYERS SLEEPING IN THE OPEN ON ROCKY TERRAIN BEFORE EVERY ROAD GAME TO TOUGHEN THEM UP - next comment

Remember when coaches used to deny players water in practice because it made them weak?  That's the mentality we're dealing with.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I WOULD BE OK WITH OUR PLAYERS SLEEPING IN THE OPEN ON ROCKY TERRAIN BEFORE EVERY ROAD GAME TO TOUGHEN THEM UP - next comment

Remember when coaches used to deny players water in practice because it made them weak?  That's the mentality we're dealing with.

Yup. God forbid players these days aren't able to charge their phones or tablets on the road or worse, there's no WiFi availability. The horror. These are the things that affect athletes these days.

By the time they got players actually settled in with blankets and pillows from who knows where, they would have been lucky to get 5 hours of sleep.  Not ideal at all for their guys.  I would have refused as well in his shoes.  I commend our people for trying as it sounds like they made every reasonable effort but it didn't work.  Nothing reasonable left of that dead horse to kick- moving on.  In the mean time, we have a solid CU team to get ready for.  

• Plus1 5
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Translation: They're going to get their money

That's how I see it. I can't imagine a scenario where we pay them less than full price and don't get bad publicity out of it. 

Akron may have had "options" in place to play the game, but none of them were good. I'd love to know what dorm rooms they were offered, which of those have full beds/amenities, and how long it's been since those dorms were used.  Were there vermin in the buildings? Where would the players have eaten, and exactly what?  The whole thing was dodgy from the moment the first lightning struck, and it's not Akron's fault.

Pay them & move on.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

That's how I see it. I can't imagine a scenario where we pay them less than full price and don't get bad publicity out of it. 

Akron may have had "options" in place to play the game, but none of them were good. I'd love to know what dorm rooms they were offered, which of those have full beds/amenities, and how long it's been since those dorms were used.  Were there vermin in the buildings? Where would the players have eaten, and exactly what?  The whole thing was dodgy from the moment the first lightning struck, and it's not Akron's fault.

Pay them & move on.

Akron was offered catering by Marriott, to answer the food question.

• Plus1 1