Akron may not get their money

cheekygeek

No mention, you'll notice, of a severe thunderstorm. Williams said he believed the language about a hurricane or tropical storm existed because former Nebraska AD Shawn Eichorst, under whom the deal was struck, might have brought with him an old contract from Miami, where he worked before Nebraska.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24598495/when-weather-delayed-scott-frost-nebraska-homecoming

Not even a good lawyer.

26 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Liked the article till this line:

Williams said he's open to bringing Akron back in Week 14. That is, as long as the Zips -- or the Huskies, for that matter -- aren't playing for a conference title.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Cleveland.com article seems to be designed to whip up the locals. Teams don’t “leave with a check”. I think upthread somewhere it was mentioned that they don’t actually have to pay them until next March. I think both A.D.s are doing a little grandstanding & this all will be quietly settled after the fan bases have moved on to other things.

36 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

The Cleveland.com article seems to be designed to whip up the locals. Teams don’t “leave with a check”. I think upthread somewhere it was mentioned that they don’t actually have to pay them until next March. I think both A.D.s are doing a little grandstanding & this all will be quietly settled after the fan bases have moved on to other things.

Yep, like most legal threats and bluster, it has now become a negotiation, the PR on both sides is for show and leverage, the payout will not be whole but there will be some sort of $$ going to the Zips

• 2 months later...