Moos Presser - 9/5/18

Mavric

6 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

A LOT of people ranting on Twitter about ticket refunds. Get over it, it's on the ticket. And that's the risk you take if you purchase through a 3rd party. 

Actually all of the thrid party ticket websites are refunding people.  The people who buy from the University are the ones getting screwed.  We could have taken our donation value plus the face value of the first game and bought single game tickets all year for cheaper.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, KingBlank said:

Actually all of the thrid party ticket websites are refunding people.  The people who buy from the University are the ones getting screwed.  We could have taken our donation value plus the face value of the first game and bought single game tickets all year for cheaper.

Shouldn't we wait and see if there's another game added before we raise the pitchforks? 

3 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

Shouldn't we wait and see if there's another game added before we raise the pitchforks? 

Who knows, it just seems rather SE like, you would think the Moos would act differently but in the end it is what it is.  Time will tell if a big booster gets a little irritated about having that $200k per game box.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, KingBlank said:

So they should just pay for things that don’t happen?

Welcome to the real world.

You buy a ticket and if that event doesn't happen for reasons out of anyone's control "act of God"...you don't get a refund.

On top of that, the AD has already said that if a 12th game is scheduled, they will issue a ticket for that game to anyone who had purchased the ticket through the University.

The University is doing everything they need to do and should do.  People that are all pissy about how it's being handled need to reevaluate their anger and realize it's simply frustration that the evening weather happened the way it did.

• Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Welcome to the real world.

You buy a ticket and if that event doesn't happen for reasons out of anyone's control "act of God"...you don't get a refund.

On top of that, the AD has already said that if a 12th game is scheduled, they will issue a ticket for that game to anyone who had purchased the ticket through the University.

The University is doing everything they need to do and should do.  People that are all pissy about how it's being handled need to reevaluate their anger and realize it's simply frustration that the evening weather happened the way it did.

Ya unfortunately concerts and events have refunded events for thise types of things before.  No it doesn’t have to happen but at the same time, you want to play the Greatest Fans in the world, why wouldn’t you treat them as such.  Reevaluate their anger.....is that coming from someone who doesn’t have to make a budget decision about tickets, food, tailgate, parking, work, family, for every game every year?  Some us have to make very real decisions about getting tickets every year.  So ya when that time effort and money goes into an event that have gone to for how ever many years, paid the donation ect, it’s a pretty big middle finger to not get refunded for the game.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Ya unfortunately concerts and events have refunded events for thise types of things before.  No it doesn’t have to happen but at the same time, you want to play the Greatest Fans in the world, why wouldn’t you treat them as such.  Reevaluate their anger.....is that coming from someoe who doesn’t have to make a budget decision about tickets, food, tailgate, parking, work, family, for every game every year.  Some us have to make very real decisions about getting tickets every year.  So ya when that time effort and money goes into an event that have gone to for how ever many years, paid the donation ect, it’s a pretty big middle finger to not get refunded for the game.

OK...let's evaluate this.

How far do you think the University should go to refund ticket holders?  Actually, the ticket to the game was probably the cheapest part of my trip that weekend.  Do they refund everyone their travel expenses?  Hotel costs?  Tailgate costs?

Isn't that only fair because they are covering all travel expenses for Akron?  So, shouldn't they do the same to the fans???

And...yes....I do have to consider my budget when I go to a game.  That's actually a pretty ridiculous question.  Even big donors have to do that.

Fact is, when you buy a season ticket, in the contract and on the tickets it says there are "no refunds".  I still have mine from Saturday and I just looked.....yep, it's there.

ON TOP OF THAT.....if they reschedule....YOU GET A TICKET!!!!!

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...let's evaluate this.

How far do you think the University should go to refund ticket holders?  Actually, the ticket to the game was probably the cheapest part of my trip that weekend.  Do they refund everyone their travel expenses?  Hotel costs?  Tailgate costs?

Isn't that only fair because they are covering all travel expenses for Akron?  So, shouldn't they do the same to the fans???

And...yes....I do have to consider my budget when I go to a game.  That's actually a pretty ridiculous question.  Even big donors have to do that.

Fact is, when you buy a season ticket, in the contract and on the tickets it says there are "no refunds".  I still have mine from Saturday and I just looked.....yep, it's there.

ON TOP OF THAT.....if they reschedule....YOU GET A TICKET!!!!!

They should refund the ticket to the game, that is my stance and it seems like what I am looking at here on most sites, newspapers and social media the majority stance.     You mean if they reschedule I get a ticket I already paid for?!  O how genuinely generous of the lord Moos!  It is almost like I signed a season ticket contract to pay for 7 home games.....

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Ya unfortunately concerts and events have refunded events for thise types of things before.  No it doesn’t have to happen but at the same time, you want to play the Greatest Fans in the world, why wouldn’t you treat them as such.  Reevaluate their anger.....is that coming from someone who doesn’t have to make a budget decision about tickets, food, tailgate, parking, work, family, for every game every year?  Some us have to make very real decisions about getting tickets every year.  So ya when that time effort and money goes into an event that have gone to for how ever many years, paid the donation ect, it’s a pretty big middle finger to not get refunded for the game.  

If you can afford season tickets and donation on top, I am not sure I would classify you as "hurting for money" and needing to make critical decisions to your overall budget. If this one game is truly such an impact to your bottom line, then maybe don't get tickets. This has happened once in 80 years. Or, sell your Colorado tickets and you'll recoup what you lost, plus some probably. 

I get to plan on going to one game a year, flew in, rentals cars, the whole bit. I don't plan on getting my money back. . It's unfortunate what happened. But it is what it is. 

And none of this matters if another game is a scheduled. 

• Plus1 3