Moos Presser - 9/5/18

Mavric

7 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

They should refund the ticket to the game, that is my stance and it seems like what I am looking at here on most sites, newspapers and social media the majority stance.     You mean if they reschedule I get a ticket I already paid for?!  O how genuinely generous of the lord Moos!  It is almost like I signed a season ticket contract to pay for 7 home games.....

First of all....you are looking on social media on people commenting on it.  The people who are commenting the most are the people upset....so, I'm not surprised you think the majority are upset about it.  That's pretty un-scientific.

To the bold.....that statement right there shows me that in no way are you ever going to be happy.  There is a pretty good chance they are going to reschedule a game.  He said you will get a ticket to that game.  You're upset about that too.

That leaves discussing this with you pretty much meaningless.  Enjoy our outrage and have a good day.

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

First of all....you are looking on social media on people commenting on it.  The people who are commenting the most are the people upset....so, I'm not surprised you think the majority are upset about it.  That's pretty un-scientific.

To the bold.....that statement right there shows me that in no way are you ever going to be happy.  There is a pretty good chance they are going to reschedule a game.  He said you will get a ticket to that game.  You're upset about that too.

That leaves discussing this with you pretty much meaningless.  Enjoy our outrage and have a good day.

Easily happy, tickets will be refunded if no game is played for the people who bought tickets for a game that never happened.  Like you said it hasn’t ever happened before so why can’t something like .....gasp....refunding the tickets happen because that has never happened before either.  I am upset about getting another ticket?  Nope never said that, but on you for arguing something that didn’t exist.

Why wouldn’t I look at social media at the topic?  Clearly you are hear defending the multimillion dollar company, so it looks like we have people on both sides.  

17 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

If you can afford season tickets and donation on top, I am not sure I would classify you as "hurting for money" and needing to make critical decisions to your overall budget. If this one game is truly such an impact to your bottom line, then maybe don't get tickets. This has happened once in 80 years. Or, sell your Colorado tickets and you'll recoup what you lost, plus some probably. 

I get to plan on going to one game a year, flew in, rentals cars, the whole bit. I don't plan on getting my money back. . It's unfortunate what happened. But it is what it is. 

And none of this matters if another game is a scheduled. 

Who said that?  I sure didn’t.  Yes some of do have to budget the tickets into what we do for the year including what goes with that, just like your travel.  No idea what the difference would be, but I would definitely take the refunded money and it would probably go straight back into buying tickets.  Sell my tickets?  I haven’t missed a game in 14 years so that is not a possible thing to do.

7 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Who said that?  I sure didn’t.  Yes some of do have to budget the tickets into what we do for the year including what goes with that, just like your travel.  No idea what the difference would be, but I would definitely take the refunded money and it would probably go straight back into buying tickets.  Sell my tickets?  I haven’t missed a game in 14 years so that is not a possible thing to do.

If you're making "very real" budget decisions in regards to getting tickets, it may not be the wisest decision to keep getting them. If you are attending every game, the $57 face value of the ticket for one game is likely relatively small compared to everything else, are you expecting the University to pay for that as well? 

Sell your tickets? Sure you can. What does attending every game for 14 years have to do with making this not possible?

The great thing is that it seems like you're a dedicated fan and shouldn't have much issue with attending the make up game, if scheduled. 

I think people who paid for a ticket and didn't get to see the game have every right to be bummed or disappointed.

I also think the University has every right to not offer a refund. At the end of the day, they still have to pay the people who worked the game. By rescheduling the game and still accepting those same tickets they are actually going to lose money in that aspect(they wont due to double food/more souvenirs and what not).

I think the University is handling it like any business should. Does it suck for people who spent all the money to come out, of course it does. That doesnt mean the university is in the wrong. 

Its a crappy situation that happened. I honestly think all parties involved handled it the best they could. No one will ever be fully happy. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

If you're making "very real" budget decisions in regards to getting tickets, it may not be the wisest decision to keep getting them. If you are attending every game, the $57 face value of the ticket for one game is likely relatively small compared to everything else, are you expecting the University to pay for that as well? 

Sell your tickets? Sure you can. What does attending every game for 14 years have to do with making this not possible?

The great thing is that it seems like you're a dedicated fan and shouldn't have much issue with attending the make up game, if scheduled. 

I would be real careful where you start treading there my friend, keep it on your side of the line, end of discussion.  I would expect that kind of comment out of a Colorado fan.... not a nebraska one.  Don't for one second I need some Financial advice from a message board warrior. 

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Welcome to the real world.

You buy a ticket and if that event doesn't happen for reasons out of anyone's control "act of God"...you don't get a refund.

On top of that, the AD has already said that if a 12th game is scheduled, they will issue a ticket for that game to anyone who had purchased the ticket through the University.

The University is doing everything they need to do and should do.  People that are all pissy about how it's being handled need to reevaluate their anger and realize it's simply frustration that the evening weather happened the way it did.

I went to a movie once. Ten minutes in lightning caused a power outage; everyone was refunded. 

I went to to a concert once at Red Rocks. Lightning postponed the concert, everyone was offered a refund or a ticket to the future show. 

Just sayin.  We pay for entertainment and if the entertainment doesn’t happen, we should be refunded. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, I am I said:

I went to a movie once. Ten minutes in lightning caused a power outage; everyone was refunded. 

I went to to a concert once at Red Rocks. Lightning postponed the concert, everyone was offered a refund or a ticket to the future show. 

Just sayin.  We pay for entertainment and if the entertainment doesn’t happen, we should be refunded. 

That isn’t always how it happens. I’ve had concerts I was attending cancelled and they didn’t offer a refund. They rescheduled the show and told people to use their tickets for the new date. Which is what the plan is here.

39 minutes ago, I am I said:

Soooo.....are people going to stay pissed about this or are they going to get over it and enjoy the rest of the season?

• Plus1 1

Not pissed, just saying a refund would be nice considering other entertainment businesses have done it. 

I was pissed the night it got canceled because I just felt like they could’ve canceled at 8 or 8:30 and given people options on travel or whatever, even Akron maybe could’ve found accommodations if it wasn’t 10-10:30pm? 

Now im just looking forward to CU. 

5 hours ago, KingBlank said:

I would be real careful where you start treading there my friend, keep it on your side of the line, end of discussion.  I would expect that kind of comment out of a Colorado fan.... not a nebraska one.  Don't for one second I need some Financial advice from a message board warrior. 

Thanks I'll pass... Didn't tell you to get rid of your tickets, and I am not familiar with this line you speak of. 

Enjoy the rest of the season. :thumbs