Northwestern Game Advice

I am planning on going to the Northwestern game in October and had a couple of questions for anyone that has been there before.

1.  Is there a general place Nebraska fans sit?  I know Nebraska typically has half the stadium, but I want to be on the right half. :)

2.  I hear parking is an issue.  What is the best way to park and get to the stadium?

• Plus1 1

I'm a Nebraska fan and I simply buy tickets on stub hub each year they play here (I live here in Chicago) so honestly there's no way for me to tell where other Husker fans are sitting.  To me parking is fairly easy there too but it does require some walking to get to the stadium.  Just check out the side streets of the neighborhood near the stadium and if you don't want to hunt for a spot too long simply get there early.  I've always been able to find a spot.  The important thing is don't forget where you parked which I have done during a night game there once.  This is a day game so depending if you consume or not shouldn't be an issue.  From there you can just uber to a bar or restaurant.  Hope that helps.

The side without the preesbox, or endzone. Will be all red I predict. That's how it was last time. 

Not sure if you're looking for much pregame action, and would also depend on the game time, but I would highly recommend just parking near wrigleyville. Last time the entire neighborhood was filled with huskers just barhopping. About an hour or two before gametime a massive army of red will hop on the train in Wrigley and it'll drop you off a 5 minute walk from the stadium. 

Not that I have tried, but I have heard the actual tailgating in Evanston is pretty lame. The town has 2 bars. 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

The side without the preesbox, or endzone. Will be all red I predict. That's how it was last time. 

Not sure if you're looking for much pregame action, and would also depend on the game time, but I would highly recommend just parking near wrigleyville. Last time the entire neighborhood was filled with huskers just barhopping. About an hour or two before gametime a massive army of red will hop on the train in Wrigley and it'll drop you off a 5 minute walk from the stadium. 

Not that I have tried, but I have heard the actual tailgating in Evanston is pretty lame. The town has 2 bars. 

Thanks. Its an 11 AM start and my son will be with me. Just planning to get to area by 930 and to stadium by 10. I will get tix where you suggested. 

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am planning on going to the Northwestern game in October and had a couple of questions for anyone that has been there before.

1.  Is there a general place Nebraska fans sit?  I know Nebraska typically has half the stadium, but I want to be on the right half. :)

2.  I hear parking is an issue.  What is the best way to park and get to the stadium?

i've been twice.  sat in the south endzone.  pretty sure it was the south but the opposite endzone doesnt have seats to it should be easy to figure out.  That is where the team comes out and you are pretty close so thats kinda nice.    I parked pretty far from the stadium in some random lot with a bunch of husker fans.  

1 minute ago, Fru said:

Heading to the Northwestern game. I'm yet to register on any NW message boards and ask their input, but was curious if anyone here had any insight for good tailgating spots, bars, etc. 

Wrigleyville. Then take the train to Evanston that you can walk to from Wrigleyville. 

Evanston tailgating scene is pretty lackluster and I believe there are two bars in town. 

It is an 11am game so tailgating may be your only option, however. 

Golf course has tailgating, but by the stadium their isn't many choices for bars and such.   The ones they have will be so packed with husker fans it's not that fun in the bars.   I would suggest the golf course tailgate and hang there and then go back downtown or to another spot after the game.   Evanston is small.