Do we still miss the Big 12?

Dansker

I miss the the B12 like a chapped ass in a sandstorm. I long for the success we had in the Big 8, and I'm comfortable in the B10. For the last 279 days, I've felt like we're well on our way back to that success.

3 hours ago, FTW said:

I miss this hatred of the CU fan base and vice versa. It truly reminds me of the bad blood between Ohio State and Michigan except the overall series record tilts heavily in our favor.

There is a reason for that. McCartney was an assistant coach at Michigan. When he got to CU, he used the UM-tOSU rivalry as a template to start the CU-DONU rivalry. 

• Plus1 1

I have copies of all the articles detailing how Iowa State & Kansas State, upset that Nebraska had become a dominant national power, conspired with the refugees from the SWC (that Texas destroyed) to screw Nebraska. 

The last 20 years of Husker history is a direct result of all of that.  I have zero desire to go back to a conference whose primary members pulled that S against us, and it's good to see that so few people are in the "go back" camp.

The Big XII is the least stable of the P5 conferences. No other P5 conference has had a team defect to another conference in the past 20 years.  The Big XII has had four teams leave. 

You don't leave a healthy relationship.  Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri & Texas A&M weren't wrong for getting away.  It's crazy that Oklahoma stayed, to be honest.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 4

Could someone with greatwr searching abilities than I possibly link all the threads titled "Do we miss the Big 12" or anything closely resembling that?  I feel that would answer the question.

And also, no....I don't.  Being in a league with Rutgers and Maryland is weird, sure.  But what would we be going back to?  A 10 team conference with a weirdo round robin schedule but still plays a title game that includes a trip to West Virginia every other year.  If that doesn't make you cringe...

• Plus1 1

I miss being geographically closer to other conference rivals, and I also miss feeling that the rival fan bases had more in common with us because of that (NU still feels like somewhat of an outsider to me in the Big 10).  But I do not at all miss dealing with Texas. Screw them.

• Plus1 1