Do we still miss the Big 12?

Dansker

7 hours ago, InOmaha said:

If we would have joined the PAC, 1/2 of our games would have started at 9-10pm central time as the late game on ESPN.

Oh and HELL NO on missing the Big12.  How can Colorado make you nostalgic to go back when they don't play in the Big12 either?

We could’ve made a deal where we get all 11:00 and 2:30 games.

Not sure about the Big 12 comment... maybe you’re replying to someone else?

• Plus1 1
On 9/8/2018 at 8:05 PM, ReddyRed said:

Fellas, let's get real.

I understand all the pretexts – "UT bullied every one else in the conference," and "UT set up its own network," blah, blah, blah – but the fact is that the Huskers were 1-10 against UT during NU's membership in the Big 12.

It just looks petty to use other excuses for leaving the Big 12. The fact is that NU won one single game against UT, and lost 10. Whether true or not, to everyone else it looks like that was the reason. And it's not a good look.

When you are getting pounded at the Blackjack table because of the swift new house dealer, the smart man walks away.

No, not at all.  I don't care one iota about the Big XII.  The only good thing about the league was the proximity.  Everything else is better in the Big Ten.  Academics, Stability of the League, Quality of Play, Revenue, Jim Delaney's strong intellect and leadership over the crap in the Big XII, Coaching, Fanbases, School Campuses, and TV/Bowl pairings.  (No stupid PPV games in the Big Ten with an annoying "Facebook deleted" commercial that ran 53 times during the game)  It reminds me a bit of when UNK traded the RMAC for the MIAA.  Something better.  You look at Nebraska's University endowment compared to Michigan, Ohio State, Northwestern, and others and you see room to grow and a bigger challenge in a better league.  I also see the revenue disparity between the Pac-12, Big XII, and conferences like the SEC and Big Ten continuing to grow.  At some point it's not going to be sustainable to a school like Oklahoma IMO and they will look elsewhere.  I think Nebraska traded an uncertain future in the Big XII for a stable big boy football environment in the Big Ten.  I think Mizzou would trade with Nebraska in a heartbeat.  I also believe Nebraska is in a great position in the West to compete for the future.  Maybe the results so far have been mixed for 'Husker sports but I'm very optimistic there will be a breakthrough.  It's a fantastic league and I see the Big Ten and the SEC being the cream of the crop for the forseeable future in revenue and results on the field as a whole.