Adrian Martinez Injury

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Medical info being passed along = no allegation of creepy

Dad passing along what his daughter told him = allegation of creepy

That's what happened.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I hear of a student in Calculus class revealing the info my immediate thought is the players can’t go anywhere without their every move being watched and reported on.

Hearing that an anonymous source got the info from medical staff doesn’t put the same idea in my head. I think the latter is more wrong though.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

Worst part for 44 is that he clearly looks up and sees the play is over. What a dirty dude.

Wow. Didn't see Martinez yelling in pain in the video. It all keeps mounting. Nice work 44.

Seeing Martinez yelling in pain at the point that 44 is twisting his leg the hardest is everything you need to see to know this is dirty. My guess is AM wasn't even hurt on the initial tackle because you don't see him look in pain at first. Not to mention he grabs for his knee after the twist not before.

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

When I hear of a student in Calculus class revealing the info my immediate thought is the players can’t go anywhere without their every move being watched and reported on.

Hearing that an anonymous source got the info from medical staff doesn’t put the same idea in my head. I think the latter is more wrong though.

As long as we can agree #44 from Colorado is an asshat, I think we've done good work here.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

I wonder if future opponents make plans for a known dirty player. I’m sure they don’t want to lose their own QB. 

I would just about guarantee you one future Colorado opponent is making plans for a dirty player.

They don't play 'til next season. But those plans are forming right now.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I never posted that I had class with Sean Fisher(econ) dude slept most of the time and later I found out he had a 4.0 that semester... How did he get an A in Econ when he slept... But now I think he is in Med school so he is probably just super smart.

I could've slept through my macroeconomics class in college and got an A... :dunno

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I like having Deadspin on the case.

They may veer into clickbait, but their reporting and rumor mill is pretty accurate.

Did you see the first comment on the Deadspin article?  Hilarity.

8 minutes ago, Toe said:

I could've slept through my macroeconomics class in college and got an A...

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I would just about guarantee you one future Colorado opponent is making plans for a dirty player.

They don't play 'til next season. But those plans are forming right now.

After seeing the evidence against #44 Jacob Callier I thought how I would handle dirty play as a coach. Obviously I would be very clear that instigating it would not be tolerated and there would be severe consequences if caught.  I’d also tell them to let me know immediately if an opposing player is playing dirty and I would determine how to handle it.  Apparently conferences and other teams allow this so the only choice is to correct it on the field before one of your own players is hurt.  I concluded it makes sense to coach how to take a player out of a game for cases like this, preferably without penalty. You’re not protecting your players otherwise and nobody else will. The only problem I see with this is that you need to make sure you’re not retaliating for a retaliation that one of your own players instigated, hence the severe penalty for instigating dirty play.