Adrian Martinez Injury

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think the only honest way to interpret this is that Frost has no intention of starting Martinez, and only an emergency scenario would get him in the game.

I don't think that's the only way.  I think he's playing Michigan's game.  They don't release a depth chart of anything like that so he's not going to either.

Martinez didn't even practice last week but Frost was saying the same things all week.  He's practiced this whole week.  Unless there is a setback, I'd be shocked if he isn't out there.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think the only honest way to interpret this is that Frost has no intention of starting Martinez, and only an emergency scenario would get him in the game.

I hope not because without AM, this weekend's game is a 100% L. Nebraska is too one dimensional with Bunch back there, on the road against a quality opponent.

22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You’re assuming Frost is being completely honest if you’re trying to honestly interpret what he said. 

30 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

How would you expect Frost to answer the question if he didn’t want Michigan to know who’s starting?

Maybe Martinez won’t be ready, but you’re wrong about your interpretation being the only “honest” one.

If Frost believes that Martinez is not at 100%, he won't play him, a loss is just one loss, losing a player for an entire season due to making an injury worse is just not going to happen especially when you have a coach who was a QB in the past.  Frost will do the right thing and protect his players.  

Frost will likely want to keep Michigan guessing all the way up to the last possible moment.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

How would you expect Frost to answer the question if he didn’t want Michigan to know who’s starting?

Maybe Martinez won’t be ready, but you’re wrong about your interpretation being the only “honest” one.

Michigan will prepare for Martinez, who does everything Bunch does a little better.  Should Bunch end up starting, it doesn't throw Michigan off at all. 

If Martinez starts and struggles -- which could happen even if he's healthy -- it's the Huskers who take the psychological hit. If Bunch starts and struggles, we understand because he's the third-string walk-on.

If Martinez starts and thrives, I'll buy everyone pancakes. 

But I think Frost's answer was both honest and diplomatic. It's a tough call but it sounds like he'd prefer to protect Martinez another week.  

• Plus1 1