Adrian Martinez Injury

I just picked a random Tommy Armstrong game from his Senior year against an average opponent: Indiana.  Tommy was 10 of 24 for 200 yards and 2 INT. and averaged less than 3 yards a carry.  Uninjured and at peak ability, second year freshman Taylor Martinez was 6-14 for 140 yards and two interceptions against South Dakota State, along with a decent 75 yards rushing. Still uninjured, Taylor was  4 - 12 passing for 63 yards, with 21 yards on 13 rushes against unranked Texas. 

Off games, or the ceiling of their abilities? 

I'm just saying the one game sample size isn't fair, and could have been much worse. Like Harrison Beck worse.

Little too much hatin' on Bunch for my taste.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Dumber than T-Magic? Dumber than T-Mart.....or A-Magic or A-Mart? I don’t think so.

But yes, dumber than Lee Magic Pick Six Machine. That was spot on.

Really, I like 2AM or Closing Time but hopefully something better comes along.

The Closer is better although it seems like he should win some close games at the end in order to earn the nickname. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I just picked a random Tommy Armstrong game from his Senior year against an average opponent: Indiana.  Tommy was 10 of 24 for 200 yards and 2 INT. and averaged less than 3 yards a carry.  Uninjured and at peak ability, second year freshman Taylor Martinez was 6-14 for 140 yards and two interceptions against South Dakota State, along with a decent 75 yards rushing. Still uninjured, Taylor was  4 - 12 passing for 63 yards, with 21 yards on 13 rushes against unranked Texas. 

I'm just saying the one game sample size isn't fair, and could have been much worse. Like Harrison Beck worse.

I see what you’re saying. Bunch was far from the worst thing we’ve seen at QB around here. And yes it’s a small sample size predicated on  his limited prep time but the catch is, relative to what we saw of AM in the CU game it looked and felt like a huge drop off. I’m not hating on the kid but 10 times out of 10 I would prefer to see AM out there.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

or like Tanner Lee, throwing multiple pics......at least the kid threw for a couple TD's.

The minute we start deciding the outcome of game before it is even played, is the minute that college football stops being fun. Of course we have a chance to win but to do that we have to play our best players. If Adrian Martinez is 100% and Scott Frost does not play him because he thinks we have little chance to win this game and he saves him for Purdue, then he is not the coach I thought he is. Now, if he does not play AM because he is not 100% and is still not cleared by doctors then I understand not playing him. In either case, I really hope that Scott Frost is playing to win it and not conceding the fact that we have no chance to win. Look at Troy, they came to our house and beat us. No one predicted that. So, why can’t we march into the big house and beat Michigan. They are not that good and I am sure they will be beaten by several big ten teams again this year. Why can’t we be one of those teams?

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

If Adrian Martinez is 100% and Scott Frost does not play him because he thinks we have little chance to win this game and he saves him for Purdue, then he is not the coach I thought he is.

I'm not sure why you're making this comment. No one has said Frost wouldn't play Martinez if he's 100%. The question is what to do if he's almost 100%. But based on what has been posted about him taking all the reps, he's going to play.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

16 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Bunches performance was a hell of a floor. My main issue with Bunch is hiw he was mucking up the zone read game, but through the air, if thats the worst we are going to see then its a good time to be a Husker fan.

• 3 weeks later...