We have a serious quarterback depth problem

Hayseed

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Thats your perception, not one Frost will accept I'm sure. Of course you'd think that though, all you know is hookers and blow, Carl.

That isn't perception.  That's reality.  EVERY successful coach walks dangerously close to that line.  Most cross it at some point or another.  That doesn't mean they are completely dirty.  But there isn't a HC that is 100% clean.

I didn’t know O’Brien was behind Bunch on the depth chart. Looking at it from his perspective , I would also get tired of waiting behind the designated stars and putting a local walkon ahead of me (even though I think Bunch is way better than your average walkon) 

would be the sign from the coach that it’s time to move on.

However, the depth chart isn’t necessarily the only determining factor of who will play once the original plan goes south.

6 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I didn’t know O’Brien was behind Bunch on the depth chart. Looking at it from his perspective , I would also get tired of waiting behind the designated stars and putting a local walkon ahead of me (even though I think Bunch is way better than your average walkon) 

would be the sign from the coach that it’s time to move on.

However, the depth chart isn’t necessarily the only determining factor of who will play once the original plan goes south.

I'm genuinely curious what you have seen from Andrew Bunch to make you think he is better than the average walk on QB.  Other than he played one year of JUCO.

And I'm not saying you're wrong.  I just don't know what people have seen that I haven't to come to this conclusion.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm genuinely curious what you have seen from Andrew Bunch to make you think he is better than the average walk on QB.  Other than he played one year of JUCO.

And I'm not saying you're wrong.  I just don't know what people have seen that I haven't to come to this conclusion.

His passing ability and decision making. Most backups seem slow and hesitant. Hope he doesn’t make me look stupid.

14 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

That isn't perception.  That's reality.  EVERY successful coach walks dangerously close to that line.  Most cross it at some point or another.  That doesn't mean they are completely dirty.  But there isn't a HC that is 100% clean.

No it is your perception and anyone can win doing it clean if they really wish to. Many coaches perception is they have to compromise their morals to win. Hogwash to me, if that is what they believe those were their morals in the first place. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

No it is your perception and anyone can win doing it clean if they really wish to. Many coaches perception is they have to compromise their morals to win. Hogwash to me, if that is what they believe those were their morals in the first place. 

Who are the coaches currently "doing it clean" in your opinion?

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, MountainMan said:

Who are the coaches currently "doing it clean" in your opinion?

Frost. Don't know enough about him but I'd say Peterson at Washington. Frankly I don't really care if its being done now or not. I don't care if it has never been done in the history of football. It can be done and this I know for sure. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Frost. Don't know enough about him but I'd say Peterson at Washington. Frankly I don't really care if its being done now or not. I don't care if it has never been done in the history of football. It can be done and this I know for sure. 

So....you know it can be done, but you admit that it maybe hasn't been done, but you think Frost has?  

Thats.....a little muddled.  

And this isn't to say that Frost has to turn into Art Briles, but I think it would be for the best if the narrative that Nebraska has to win and win "squeaky clean" went away.  And Frost probably should have done more to ensure that he would have Gebbia around this year.  Look no further then how Saban handled the Hurts/Tua situation

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Hunter94 said:

frost is a straight shooter......i imagine Saban's tactics will cost him eventually. 

This is laughable, not the frost part, the saban part.

Dude has 6 national championships and the only knock on him is he trying not to hurt Jalen Hurt's feelings when 99.9% of coaches would have already made the switch to Tua.

• Plus1 3