We have a serious quarterback depth problem

Hayseed

28 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Burrow was told by Orgeron that if he came to LSU, he'd be the starter. I highly doubt Frost would've promised him anything other than a chance to compete.

Exactly. Burrow left OSU because of why? Oh, he wasn't named the starter there. Wherever he went he was going to have to have some assurance he would be the starter or he might as well have stayed at OSU. If you bring him in here and promise him #1 position what do you tell Martinez? "You were are #1 target to run this offense but we brought this other guy in to start. Enjoy riding the pine for the next two years until Burrow is gone."  No way in hell Frost does that.

And I'm not afraid to put lot of the blame on Gebbia for totally bailing on his team and teammates at the last possible minute leaving them in very bad situation. I know everybody says that is the OK but in my mind it shows ultimate selfishness and lack of integrity.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Exactly. Burrow left OSU because of why? Oh, he wasn't named the starter there. Wherever he went he was going to have to have some assurance he would be the starter or he might as well have stayed at OSU. If you bring him in here and promise him #1 position what do you tell Martinez? "You were are #1 target to run this offense but we brought this other guy in to start. Enjoy riding the pine for the next two years until Burrow is gone."  No way in hell Frost does that.

And I'm not afraid to put lot of the blame on Gebbia for totally bailing on his team and teammates at the last possible minute leaving them in very bad situation. I know everybody says that is the OK but in my mind it shows ultimate selfishness and lack of integrity.

It's one thing to make that decision and move on, it's another to pretend you're here then skip off at the last minute. I have no problem calling him a POS.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TonyStalloni said:

Burrow committed while Herman was still the OC and yes he could have backed out but the chance to play for Urban was too much.  Burrow even said his first choice was Nebraska but he was never offered.

Oh, that's different. Is Burrow in his 6th year, why are we still talking about Pelini?

3 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Not sure if you are serious or tongue in cheek.  Burrow graduated from OSU in 3 years. He still has 2 years of eligibility. Pelini hired Beck hence the blame falls on him.

No, I'm serious. Pelini seems like a long time ago for a guy to still be looking for a new team with 2 years to play.

Edited by Mavric
Removed white space
1 hour ago, r06ue1 said:

If Martinez isn't 100% by game time versus Michigan, we should start Bunch again.  I would rather sacrifice the entire season for his health (won't be necessary) than to risk losing our future 4 year starter.  

And yes, we will lose to Michigan big if Bunch starts.  

Better yet just forfeit and save the travel expenses. 

9 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Now I'm wondering why my reply took the whole page?

That was weird.  To answer your question the best I can....Burrow was Mr Football in Ohio in 2014. That was the year Bo P was fired but not till November.  Burrow and his dad visited in the summer of 2013.  To think Bo didn't hear from Cotton that Beck blew off this recruit and basically insulted him to me would be a stretch. Certainly recruits can fall through the cracks as happened here. I don't think Bo gave a rats a$$ at that point and was ready to let Nebraska pay him for nothing.  Also Burrow, had he come to Lincoln, could have been at least been an adequate backup for Tommy A and would fit well in Frosts offense now.

5 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

That was weird.  To answer your question the best I can....Burrow was Mr Football in Ohio in 2014. That was the year Bo P was fired but not till November.  Burrow and his dad visited in the summer of 2013.  To think Bo didn't hear from Cotton that Beck blew off this recruit and basically insulted him to me would be a stretch. Certainly recruits can fall through the cracks as happened here. I don't think Bo gave a rats a$$ at that point and was ready to let Nebraska pay him for nothing.  Also Burrow, had he come to Lincoln, could have been at least been an adequate backup for Tommy A and would fit well in Frosts offense now.

If it was toward the end and Eichorst was involved, I'm thinking the same thing. A very toxic atmosphere.

• Plus1 1

Let me try and figure out what Frost was supposed to tell Lee, O’Brien, and Gebbia.

Lee-Hey, I know you are a slow, statue QB who has been in college for 5 years, but how about you stick around and play for me, even though I hate statue QB’s.

O’Brien-You are big and can run in a straight line, but you are 4th in getting reps in the Spring. It also looks like you aren’t well-liked by other players on the team. Can you please stay and take up a scholarship spot even though you will likely never play.

Gebbia-You lost a close battle with Adrian for the starting job, but we will probably need you this season. Your teammates like you, and you are great in the locker room. What’s that, your dad has been working with schools on the West Coast for you to transfer in case you didn’t win the job. Well, f#&% me. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Again, I don’t blame Gebbia for transferring, but the narrative that Frost drove 3 QB’s away is lame. 

Agree.

The Team was is the same situation with Riley.  Who was going to be behind Gebbia if Riley doesn’t get canned? Oh look, it’s Bunch!

Did Riley even have a QB commit for 2018 class?  OL, QB and CB have no depth on the roster.

edit: forgot about POB.  Oh well, doesn’t change much.  We had one of the worst programs in history last year. tOSU didn’t even punt against us.  Thanks Mike, your legacy continues.