Hurricane Florence could add to list of possible NU Game 12 opponents

cheekygeek

24 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

So do we go after East Carolina or Marshall? Or do we try and schedule an FCS team?

I'd go the FCS route and get something done.  Akron was scheduled to ease the team into the season and provide a win.  The FCS team can do the same.  Although ECU lost to North Carolina A&T so I'd imagine it would serve the same purpose but cost more since it is FBS.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

You were saying...?

I was saying a bunch of crap.  :)

Pretty disappointed in the game plan today.  It's like we went into a shell and could only do a couple things.  I thought we'd run where we could and call a lot of short, quick passes to help Bunch out.  We did on the first play but not much after that.

I kept waiting to get the ball to Spielman and Williams and let them go.  We finally threw quick flares to Spielman on two straight plays to start a possession and got 10+ yards both times.  And we got a TD off it later.  They were giving us that and we didn't do it nearly enough.

Also, it sounds like we went into the game with a fairly conservative gameplan - which is fine - but either it was WAY too conservative or we got scared after an INT and a near INT early because our gameplan seemed pretty basic.  Troy was doubling Morgan and selling out to stop the run but we barely tried to do anything except for the things they were geared up to stop.

I didn't expect Bunch to look like an All-Conferece player but I thought there would be more there than what we got.  Several really bad decisions and basically locking in on one WR.  Seemed like Tommy Armstrong all over again - but without the running.  

• Fire 1