*** 2018 Game 2 "Expert" Picks: Troy At Nebraska ***

Saunders

20 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Troy had 3 costly fumbles against Boise State. Troy still passed well and stopped the run....This won't be a complete pushover game 

I am in this camp.  NU, even with Frost at the helm, hasn't been in the position to overlook teams in years......I am thinking Troy gives us all we can handle, but our depth and conditioning wins out in the end....Would love to be wrong.

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

ah, thanks JJ...it was up here last week

Actually, somebody has been starting an unofficial score prediction thread and naming it ***official*** in the football forum. It has been a little confusing. But the real ***official*** prediction thread, that can garner large cash prizes and the unending praise of other posters, that one’s in the Contest Crib.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, lo country said:

I am in this camp.  NU, even with Frost at the helm, hasn't been in the position to overlook teams in years......I am thinking Troy gives us all we can handle, but our depth and conditioning wins out in the end....Would love to be wrong.

One thing to note, in the words of their coach, we are easily the biggest team (size wise) they have ever faced.

They on the other hand are quite undersized, expecially on defense. They run a modified 3-4 and have one 300lb lineman. The only offensive lineman we have that isn't at least 300lbs is Jaimes and he's going to be matched up with a 230lb DE.

Their big issue is linebacker..

They run two middle linebackers and a bandit  outside linebacker - all three weigh 220lbs or less.

Then instead of a 4th linebacker they run a position called the "Spear". Essentially a hybrid DB/LB... that Spear is likely the player who is going to be tasked with the RB in our option and outside run game a lot... The guy they have starting in that Spear position is a 6'1 186 lb sophmore... going against Bell and Ozigbo.

That is without even mentioning the fact that their starting corners are 5'9 170lbs and 5'11 177lbs.

I could be wrong but that seems like a problem for them.