Osborne at Big Red Breakfast

Mavric

36 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Most of Bo's teams had the potential to be conference champs. Came up short every time. A terrible coach does not win 9 games every year, but it always seemed that he underachieved his way to those 9 wins, and he was a raging douche besides. Of course, Bo's next team had the potential to be good, but he didn't deserve to stay any longer than he did. We just hired the wrong guy to replace him.

No, no he wasn’t.  He was a hard coach and coached with fire.  People couldn’t take it around here.  Bo was fine, never offended me or any of the people I know that are Husker fans.  

• Plus1 2

30 minutes ago, Undone said:

2015 was an interesting year, schedule-wise, because the only teams we played from the East were Michigan State and Rutgers. Also, Wisconsin probably had its worst team of the past five seasons.

So schedule-wise it was about as good a year as any for Bo to have finally broken the conference title drought.

Michigan State bested Ohio State to get to Indy. Bo had matched up well against Michigan State.

It would have been cool to have finally broken the conference title drought that year, but I wouldn't trade any of those hypotheticals for bringing Frost in this season. And that's why discussing Bo at this point seems so especially pointless.

But your avatar is Bo.....

• Plus1 1

It's not that much of an indictment on Solich that he wasn't quite as good as two of the top 10 best coaches in the history of college football :lol: 

It's also not that much of an indictment on Osborne that Solich had a good career that eventually ended. 

Maybe there was a better way to go about it but another handful of years of championship level football is about all you can realistically hope for out of a new head coach and Solich gave us that. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

What Frank has done at Ohio is pretty good, you literally have no idea what you are talking about.

They are both at schools now with medium expectations and are good fits.

Here is the part you missed.  On the national stage he has not done much.  For a MAC school, yes he has done well.  I am sorry you misunderstood.  I live in Ohio.  I know how people think about Ohio.

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

I suppose the fans are blaming Bo for the other team having an average RB running a jet sweep all over YSU defenders that weren’t  executing.  They’ll be sorry when Bo leaves!  ;)

I was at the game.  They had a WR own them.  Bo was losing his mind on the sidelines.  At least he didn't chase down the officials this time.

1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

What Frank has done at Ohio is pretty good, you literally have no idea what you are talking about.

"Pretty good" is a pretty semantic-y way to say it.

He has not won a conference championship in 13 year.  In the MAC.

I don't see anything that says he would have done any better at a Power 5 school.  So to me that's OK but not that great.  And thus we were right to move on.

5 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

They are both at schools now with medium expectations and are good fits.

Here is the part you missed.  On the national stage he has not done much.  For a MAC school, yes he has done well.  I am sorry you misunderstood.  I live in Ohio.  I know how people think about Ohio.

Yep, he's doing pretty well at a small school with no championship expectations, no history, and a very small fanbase. I happen to like Frank Solich but it was pretty clear that he was not going to bring championships to NU. He is a good fit at his current spot and I always root for him to be successful.

I live in Ohio as well and work at a MAC school that plays against Ohio University every year. I have never met anyone in my neck of the woods who gives a crap about Frank Solich. Most people don't even know who he is.

25 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

No, no he wasn’t.  He was a hard coach and coached with fire.  People couldn’t take it around here.  Bo was fine, never offended me or any of the people I know that are Husker fans.  

I, on the other hand, expect professionalism and discipline in a coach. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Yep, he's doing pretty well at a small school with no championship expectations, no history, and a very small fanbase. I happen to like Frank Solich but it was pretty clear that he was not going to bring championships to NU. He is a good fit at his current spot and I always root for him to be successful.

I live in Ohio as well and work at a MAC school that plays against Ohio University every year. I have never met anyone in my neck of the woods who gives a crap about Frank Solich. Most people don't even know who he is.

Pretty sure he won the last championship ever at Nebraska.........

30 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Let's append something to the bolded sentence and make this revision:

Bo was a hard coach and coached with fire that was given seven years and showed he constantly choked in the moments it mattered to get this team to championship level football.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1