Osborne at Big Red Breakfast

Mavric

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

was the breakfast actually big and red

I think it could be fairly described as large, but to be honest I think it was really more of a scarlet. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Tom Osborne is a gentleman and diplomat. That's why he uses words like "maybe" "pretty" and "little bit" so much. 

I think college football itself was changing and getting far more competitive post 2000, and it was almost physically impossible for Frank Solich to maintain Tom Osborne's run. I think recruiting was sliding under Solich, and Jamal Lord was making the system look too predictable. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say that another 10 years of Frank Solich would maybe have looked a little bit better and pretty preferable over what we ended up with. 

All but one of Frank Solich's seasons would have been acceptable on Tom Osborne's resume. Tom knows that, and his endorsement of Solich isn't necessarily being defensive. He has a case. Osborne made major adjustments to his offensive schemes and recruiting philosophy when he was on the hotseat — twice — so there's no saying Solich wouldn't have done the same.

We'll never know.

I think Tom is big on this Scott Frost kid. Let's see how that goes.