Husker Chalk Talk: Concepts Wednesday - QB Wrap

Cdog923

13 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Did we ever throw the bubble to the RB in the flat? I don't remember seeing it even when I watched the game back. It looks like there could have been a couple big gains and could be a dangerous play for us down the road. 

This was the closest I could remember

7Y9wBx.gif

You can see all the linebackers bite on Martinez's little hop before he throws

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Did we ever throw the bubble to the RB in the flat? I don't remember seeing it even when I watched the game back. It looks like there could have been a couple big gains and could be a dangerous play for us down the road. 

I imagine there are plays that look like the QB dart but are meant to get the ball to the running back. Not sure if that isn’t an option on this play depending on what an OLB or safety does. That could be in the 20% of the playbook not installed and they want to see the base concept plays ran flawlessly first. I’m starting to see how this offense can become lethal and almost unstoppable. Good article.

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

Spielman:

zntUSk.gif

I don't know a damn thing about X's and O's so I enjoy you guys breaking down this kind of stuff. On this particular play, Williams didn't block his guy and Spielman was hit at the LOS. However, Spielman only could have gotten 2 or 3 more yards anyway, since the tight end didn't hold his block, and Morgan had his hands full with two guys at once. So my question is, at this point in the 4th quarter, had Colorado's D simply made some better adjustments to be ready for this kind of play? I can't imagine that it would be a fatigue/conditioning issue for our guys.