Hypothetical: If we win our next two games...

ScottyIce

If we beat Michigan do I think we win the West?

I still say "no," based on the fact that our remaining scheduling when compared to Wisconsin's remaining schedule favors Wisconsin having fewer conference losses by the end of the regular season.

But if we beat Michigan, this program will have built a huge head of steam that will launch this thing into high gear in general.

The outcome of the fourth quarter against Colorado doesn't change my mind one way or the other about where I think we're at for this season.

If we had won 35-27 instead of losing 33-28 it wouldn't make me feel any different about where I think we'll wind up.

But next season, we'll go 10-2 and compete strongly for our first conference title in 20 years.

Just now, ScottyIce said:

Interesting thoughts so far, especially from St. Paul.

Just curious where everyone thinks the trajectory of this thing could be if we were to win our next two games.

I'd obviously be ecstatic to the point where you guys would hate my guts.

I don't think we win the West because I don't think we beat Wisconsin again this year.

• Plus1 1

I've gone into this season with the mindset that we're likely to win 6-7 games but the season will still be fun along the way. But....with your hypothetical if we beat Michigan on the road, yes I guess on September 23rd as long as Adrian Martinez is healthy my mind will shift to thinking we can win the Big 10 west. 

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Where do you think we are at? 1-0 in B1G Play against a formidable foe. 2-1 overall.

Does it make you think we might just win the West?

Considering we would have yet to play either of the two West teams who are predicted to be ahead of us in the standings, no. Let's beat Wisconsin first, and I'll start getting excited. 

7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Considering we would have yet to play either of the two West teams who are predicted to be ahead of us in the standings, no. Let's beat Wisconsin first, and I'll start getting excited. 

New hypothetical for you. 

We are 0-4. Roll into Madison and beat Wisconsin and we are 1-4. (edit, thanks to St. Paul)

Will you be excited?