What did we learn? -Game 2- Troy

JJ Husker

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

The teams at the top "look different".  Bosa is 270 and cat quick.....  We got a lot of catching up to do in the S&C for sure. Even TCU guys are getting it done against OSU right now....

Frost will continue to recruit more and more speed.  There is only so much that can be done with the current roster in terms of S&C.

Peaple need to calm down.  This season has started absolutely as poorly as could have imagined.  Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong has. Our margin of error was already extremely thin so it didn't take much to tip the scales against us.  Imagine in July of you would have been told troy was our second game and our walk on was starting.  At QB.

Also Troy beat LSU last year and almost beat Clemson (who i believe was pretty good in 2016).

• Plus1 2

We lost, sucks but considering the dumpster fire Riley & lesser degree Pelini/Callahan were; it's not a big surprise. Team LOOKS physically much better IS getting better but the results aren't coming yet. We did essentially start a 3rd string QB.. walk on no less. Y'all true fans can keep the faith. you fairweathers: GET OFF THE BUS!! Next year will look a lot better it's all up from Riley (putz) GBR!!!

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

Peaple need to calm down.  This season has started as absolutely as poorly as could have imagined.  Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong has. Our margin of error was already extremely thin so it didn't take much to to the scales against us.  Imagine in July of you would have been told troy was our second game and our walk on was starting.  At QB.

Also Troy beat LSU last year and almost beat Clemson (who i believe was pretty good in 2016).

Not to mention now 26-0 when leading going into the 4th quarter....

22 minutes ago, lo country said:

The teams at the top "look different".  Bosa is 270 and cat quick.....  We got a lot of catching up to do in the S&C for sure. Even TCU guys are getting it done against OSU right now....

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost will continue to recruit more and more speed.  There is only so much that can be done with the current roster in terms of S&C.

I don't know about that.  Bosa's cat quickness isn't by accident.  I found this article https://sports.yahoo.com/joey-bosas-secret-routine-helped-turn-brother-nick-best-player-college-football-161319002.html.  He and his brother are doing dynamic stretching 3 x per day.  He's incredibly flexible and said it helps him turn his hips quicker to get around defenders.  I wondered if that might help our linemen when pulling.  I think it's more than just being strong which we should explore if we aren't already.

7 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

Thanks, I’ll pay for it twice as hard tomorrow. Enjoying the hell out of osu vs tcu. These teams are on a different plane than we are

This! Watching Ohio State and TCU reminds me that our athletes just aren't to the level that the top teams in the nation are. Not saying we can't get them there, but it will take development and recruiting. 

• Plus1 1