0-2

The Dude

9 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Lol..

Chase away 3 QB’s....

Lee was not playing in this system.

POB was the least mobile, of course he decided to leave.

Gebbia was the curious one, and it was his call, no one else’s. You are a troll and should be banned before Redux lays the smack down on your candy ...

Not anymore of a troll then you

We hire the best young coach in the game that happens to be a Nebraska legend that took over a 4 win dumpster fire playing a 4th string QB and people expect a natty championship first season. Its freaking game two of the season. We werent winning the whole thing this year. The sun will come up tomorrow, life will continue. Scott Frost is the right man for the job. Lets wait a few years to bring out the pitchforks.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3
14 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

We hire the best young coach in the game that happens to be a Nebraska legend that took over a 4 win dumpster fire playing a 4th string QB and people expect a natty championship first season. Its freaking game two of the season. We werent winning the whole thing this year. The sun will come up tomorrow, life will continue. Scott Frost is the right man for the job. Lets wait a few years to bring out the pitchforks.

carefull now...you will be branded a poor fan for not grabbing a pitchfork after a loss.

34 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Undone said:

He threw for a 70% completion percentage. 

The fact that our special teams let them run a touchdown back and our kicker missed a field goal was not his fault. Our offensive line got horrible push on multiple 3rd & shorts. That was just painful to watch. 

We should have won the game 23-17.

The running game is the biggest problem......it just isn't there. Get that going and Bunch has time to see the field. Without it we'll see rushed throws to bad places. Whoever is involved in running the ball needs to step up and play.....that includes if Martinez is back. We can't expect Martinez to carry the team with his legs.

Guys... let’s not freak out. Do you... do you remember how the program was literally crumbling under Riley? Do you remember how toxic the culture was? The apathy of the coaches and the staff? We literally have the best coach possible in place to fix it. We have to be patient. The sky is not falling. It will be okay. And who knows, maybe we will pull an upset against Michigan next week... stranger things have in fact happened. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

It was his first game. He's a smart guy, I think he'll get a lot better. He won't make as many mistakes and people will understand where the problem lies.

I think he will too. The problem I see is a lack of the foot speed needed to operate this offense. Even just enough to be able to get outside the defensive end on rollouts. 

5 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I was just thinking pretty much the same thing.  This team, right now, is in what I call free fall.  What too many people don't seem to get is that there is no clear line of separation from one coaching staff to another--there is a lot of over-lap. 

Under Bo Pelini, especially his last two years, coaching was mediocre and there was minimal effort put into strength and conditioning. 

Under Riley, the coaching was non-existent and there was zero emphasis on strength and conditioning.

In summary, the previous five years at Nebraska were an utter pooh show of incompetence, physical weakness, and just a generally bad demeanor among the team.  Five years of that.  And some of you think because it is Frost he's coming in here and waving a magic wand and suddenly everything is better?  Go to the movies if you want that kind of fantasy fulfillment.

What I am trying to say is this team hasn't hit bottom yet.  Things are probably going to get worse before they get better.

Was I potentially overly optimistic prior to the season?  Guilty.  But hold your breath if you're waiting for an apology.

We have 10 games left.  The season IS NOT over.  I'm glad the players don't give up as easily as some of you do.  

Remember we heard this along with tons of other preseason hype.  I don't buy it at all.  

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

I think he will too. The problem I see is a lack of the foot speed needed to operate this offense. Even just enough to be able to get outside the defensive end on rollouts. 

Yeah, they're gonna have to figure out how to get the ball to the receivers without him having to run all over. And they can't just hang around the LOS all day either...they have to stretch the field and keep them from stacking the line. If they want a running QB then they need to put someone like Stanley back there.

• Plus1 1