0-2

The Dude

4 minutes ago, MountainMan said:

Thats all fine but this goes back to the false bravado that has been spewed for months. Even our coach was saying he didn’t want to re schedule on 12/1 because this team could be in Indianapolis.  

You’re going to take some abuse for that when you lose to a sun belt team at home. 

To the bolded part: So the true source of your consternation is that many of us are "homers" or too "pro-Nebraska" for you? 

:blink:

Do you realize you're on an internet site dedicated to Nebraska football?  The biggest clues are the site's url and banner.

:lol:  

3 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

To the bolded part: So the true source of your consternation is that many of us are "homers" or too "pro-Nebraska" for you? 

:blink:

Do you realize you're on an internet site dedicated to Nebraska football?  The biggest clues are the site's url and banner.

:lol:  

I’m not talking about here. I’m talking about the staff. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

You want our coaches to just come out and say bad things about our players/team?  In talking with you, I feel like I've crossed over into bizarro world. 

I dont think you understand. 

My point was the coaches are going to take a little grief and second guessing because they spent the off-season disparaging the old staff (which wasn’t needed and not very unprofessione) and saying ridiculousness like we were going to be in Indy so there’s no need for a 12/1 game. 

Even the athletic director was reveling in these activities. Remember when he said he thought Harbaugh and Meyer were losing sleep over the hire?

Surely you think now, a week out of Michigan, a walk-on potentially starting that game, after a loss at home to a sun belt team, that seems like poor choices to make?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, MountainMan said:

I think you understand. 

My point was the coaches are going to take a little grief and second guessing because they spent the off-season disparaging the old staff (which wasn’t needed and not very unprofessione) and saying ridiculousness like we were going to be in Indy so there’s no need for a 12/1 game. 

Even the athletic director was reveling in these activities. Remember when he said he thought Harbaugh and Meyer were losing sleep over the hire?

Surely you think now, a week out of Michigan, a walk-on potentially starting that game, after a loss at home to a sun belt team, that seems like poor choices to make?

Frost said he didn’t want to schedule a game on 12/1 because he’s hoping the team will be in Indy that weekend. Big difference to what you are making it out to be. Frost is trying to get the team competing for a championship. Yes it may be far-fetched this season, but until that division championship is officially gone, Frost has to coach the team like they are trying to win the division.

As far as Frost talking bad about the previous staffs, the guy is a NU alum and fan. He said what a lot of us were feeling.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost said he didn’t want to schedule a game on 12/1 because he’s hoping the team will be in Indy that weekend. Big difference to what you are making it out to be. Frost is trying to get the team competing for a championship. Yes it may be far-fetched this season, but until that division championship is officially gone, Frost has to coach the team like they are trying to win the division.

As far as Frost talking bad about the previous staffs, the guy is a NU alum and fan. He said what a lot of us were feeling.

Frost can get the team competing for a championship without saying things like that to an all too eager media and fanbase. 

And, a head coach making what he makes has to show a little restraint towards the previous staff. It’s called professionalism. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
10 hours ago, MountainMan said:

Frost can get the team competing for a championship without saying things like that to an all too eager media and fanbase. 

And, a head coach making what he makes has to show a little restraint towards the previous staff. It’s called professionalism. 

Good lord.... You're making it sound like Frost spent the entire offseason talking crap about the previous staff, which is a complete fabrication.

The players themselves have had more to say about the positive changes between the old staff and new staff than the coaches. Hell, even the local media, who loved Mike, have spent infinitely more time on it.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
21 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

You

The point ------>

Losses happen.  You need to deal with that fact and come to reality.  

I was one of the people who was overly optimistic.  I thought with 7 home games Nebraska had a chance to get to 9 wins.  Yeah I was wrong but I ain't apologizing to you, or anyone for that matter, for being optimistic in pre-season/fall camp.

Since our 0-2 start though, I have seen just how bad we are.  The ugly truth is were have been a bad, poorly coached, football team with thin depth at half the positions for the last 6 years at least.

What we are seeing this season is the fruition of the last six years of suck.  We are harvesting right now what was planted during Riley's three years.

It is going to take HCSF and his coaches time to fix what is wrong.  I am not saying the season is lost because It is not.  What I am saying is that things are probably going to get worse (much worse) before they get better.

In summary, constantly bitching about how we lost to Troy does no good.  It happened and you need to come to grips with it.  

And yeah last year, after the loss to Northern Illinois I was pissed to.  The difference was Riley was in year 3.  Frost is two games into year one.  Cut him some slack.

Criticizing play calling, repeated procedural penalties, bad special teams play, isn’t about giving someone slack.  These questions need to be raised and addressed, they need answers of correction.  I have no questions about who is the right coach for Nebraska, I do have questions about some fundamental football issues, and why they are occurring.  Giving up a TD on a punt, not ok, your place kicking has to be fixed and fast, not pooch kicking the ball with no return man back for Troy with 3 minutes left and kicking it through the end zone, unacceptable.  Not having a run blitz on 3rd and 3 when the running QB came in the game.  Have no safety watch the QB on the touchdown run.  There is no slack for those sorts of things, that is first week camp stuff.  People don’t get better without identifying solutions to problems.  These are short term problems, long term problems are also present, but I believe these have been addressed.  The short term ones are the reason for 0-2 and not 2-0.  Riley didn’t lose this game, Bo didn’t lose any Riley games, Bill didn’t lose Bos games and so on.  And we haven’t sucked for 6 years.....

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1.  This is a coaching staff that has coached a TOTAL of 28 games.  They have players on the current roster that have PLAYED more games.  Cut em some slack. 

2.  Say what you want.  Wins aside, I've liked what I've seen defensively.  They can generate a pass rush with their front four.  Yes, stupid penalties in the secondary.  Yes, they were out of position on Saturday.  It's only the 2nd game, folks.

3.  Offense always takes longer to gel than Defense does.  As long as they show improvement throughout the entire season, and don't regress backwards, they'll be just fine.

• Plus1 2
20 hours ago, MountainMan said:

You are completely mischaracterizing what Frost has done and said regarding the previous staff. He has only stated the truth and he has been very limited in what he has and could’ve said.  He has showed considerable restraint and it has not been unprofessional in the slightest. I’m not sure why this issue has crawled up your ass and made a home there. It is apparent that you.......oh f#ck it, never mind. You’ve already shown you won’t listen to reason.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
36 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You are completely mischaracterizing what Frost has done and said regarding the previous staff. He has only stated the truth and he has been very limited in what he has and could’ve said.  He has showed considerable restraint and it has not been unprofessional in the slightest. I’m not sure why this issue has crawled up your ass and made a home there. It is apparent that you.......oh f#ck it, never mind. You’ve already shown you won’t listen to reason.

You are correct. It wasn’t -all- Frost. That’s a fair point. 

But his staff, his boss and the media had taken great delight in kicking the dead. Which in my opinion is simply unneeded. If there was ever any coach or

staff that could have said nothing to win over hearts and minds,

it was them. 

And now it’s biting them back. Although they don’t look even remotely as ridiculous as the media, who spent a year hyping the man only to blame “distorted reality” after a shaky start. 

Anyway, it is what it is at this point. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Criticizing play calling, repeated procedural penalties, bad special teams play, isn’t about giving someone slack.  These questions need to be raised and addressed, they need answers of correction.  I have no questions about who is the right coach for Nebraska, I do have questions about some fundamental football issues, and why they are occurring.  Giving up a TD on a punt, not ok, your place kicking has to be fixed and fast, not pooch kicking the ball with no return man back for Troy with 3 minutes left and kicking it through the end zone, unacceptable.  Not having a run blitz on 3rd and 3 when the running QB came in the game.  Have no safety watch the QB on the touchdown run.  There is no slack for those sorts of things, that is first week camp stuff.  People don’t get better without identifying solutions to problems.  These are short term problems, long term problems are also present, but I believe these have been addressed.  The short term ones are the reason for 0-2 and not 2-0.  Riley didn’t lose this game, Bo didn’t lose any Riley games, Bill didn’t lose Bos games and so on.  And we haven’t sucked for 6 years.....

There is no clear line here between the previous staff and the new one.  We have players that need to unlearn at least three years of bad habits, need to catch up on S&C, and get their minds right.  All that takes time.  For the life of me I have no idea why this is such a difficult core concept for you to grasp. 

Now if these issues are still happening in year 3, then Houston we have a problem.  

My suggestion: When Nebraska plays each Saturday, DVR the game but don't watch it live.  Go do something else.  Then, on Sunday, after you've sobered up, then watch the game.

Bottom line, Scott Frost is an intense competitior and if you think he isn't troubled about how the team is playing, then you don't know anything about Coach Frost.

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

There is no clear line here between the previous staff and the new one.  We have players that need to unlearn at least three years of bad habits, need to catch up on S&C, and get their minds right.  All that takes time.  For the life of me I have no idea why this is such a difficult core concept for you to grasp. 

Now if these issues are still happening in year 3, then Houston we have a problem.  

My suggestion: When Nebraska plays each Saturday, DVR the game but don't watch it live.  Go do something else.  Then, on Sunday, after you've sobered up, then watch the game.

Bottom line, Scott Frost is an intense competitior and if you think he isn't troubled about how the team is playing, then you don't know anything about Coach Frost.

1.  I spoke about long term and short term issues.  Habits aren't what lost the game.  Continue to believe what you will.  Yes there is a clear line, the others don't coach here anymore.

2.  I don't think I suggest how you watch the game, keep your insinuating comments to yourself, no one #$%# cares.

3.  Uhh what, I don't think that was ever implied or said, but good,  argue some point that wasn't present. 

• Plus1 2