Post-Game Presser - Troy

Mavric

1 minute ago, Hunter94 said:

his comments to his players, about getting on board or getting off is telling?

is he seeing less than 100% effort from some of these kids? 

something may be up here??  

There were rumblings that a few of the older guys weren’t buying in to the new coaches and systems, but they were starters in thin positions, so they really couldn’t be replaced yet. 

14 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

I think it is more of a we've hit hard times now we'll see who really wants to be here. I think they will respond.

This team still has a lot to learn about championship level effort and intensity. They seem like good kids that want to learn but they are a long way from the mentality of the teams Scott played with in the 90s. To be expected.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There were rumblings that a few of the older guys weren’t buying in to the new coaches and systems, but they were starters in thin positions, so they really couldn’t be replaced yet. 

Not buying into coaches and system that took UCF to an undefeated season makes no sense.  These rumblings, if true, sound like an excuse to continue being lazy like they were allowed to be for the past 3 years.  I like the shot across the player's bow and it's a perfect message if there are problems.  They need to focus, lock into what the coaches are telling them to do and work harder at getting better- or move on.  

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

it's just coach patter.  Frost is probably more surprised than anyone that the team is 0-2 and might have the worst record in Nebraska football since the Jenning's days.  He's emotional and simply firing a shot across the bow.  this type of talk plays well in the media and, by the responses in this thread, the fan base.  He's likely not sure why the team hasn't performed good enough to win these last 2 games and is simply falling back on something he thinks will work, i.e. "work harder", "row the boat in the same direction", "buy in", "insert your own coaching cliche"  

5 minutes ago, Pasadena Husker said:

it's just coach patter.  Frost is probably more surprised than anyone that the team is 0-2 and might have the worst record in Nebraska football since the Jenning's days.  He's emotional and simply firing a shot across the bow.  this type of talk plays well in the media and, by the responses in this thread, the fan base.  He's likely not sure why the team hasn't performed good enough to win these last 2 games and is simply falling back on something he thinks will work, i.e. "work harder", "row the boat in the same direction", "buy in", "insert your own coaching cliche"  

Here is his "quote":

Fight back harder or give up. Also told them if anyone doesn't want to be on this ride, get off now, because he still knows where it's going.

Frost isn't into coach speak or being PC. I think his comment is aimed at the kids (and a subtle nod to fans IMO).  Look at Neal's comments as well.  "We just gotta get guys a lot more tuned in" and Gifford's ""I think guys need to remember how to win. When you get those opportunities, good teams have to be able to shut it down. And that's what's so frustrating, man, is you can see how good this team can be."  Throw in Stan's unknown strong words....

I also look at Frost's initial press conference B1G days when he says it's not going to happen over night....

Two things IMO, he knew/knows what he has and tried to temper expectations without throwing guys under the bus.  Secondly, (IMHO) he sees guys that haven't fully bought in/committed to the process.  I think he is being serious.  Get in or get out, but make a decision.  Quit crapping on your teammates and the program.......

IMO, it's not coach speak or a veiled threat.  I imagine some guys will be addressed individually this week without media or fans knowledge.  Regardless, I like it.

IMHO, 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, dtbugeater said:

I love Nebraska. 

Saw an nothing today that tells me we are ready to beat Michigan. 

No question the Huskers backs are up against the proverbial wall.  The only thing we can do is wait and see how much fight this team has.  Judging from Frost's quotes from his presser, he's going to challenge this team.  We'll see what happens.