Nick Saban was 6-6 his first year at Bama.....

huskerfan92

On 9/15/2018 at 2:54 PM, cheekygeek said:

I realize I’m a bit peeved right now, but I just want to point out that “Just sayin’” is the most pointless expression in the History of the English Language. It adds nothing to your comment or your ability to wiggle out from responsibility for what you said before it. It lowers the public perception of your IQ by any number of points (and never RAISES IT).

Hmm, curious. Then how do you manage the same end result without using "just sayin'"?

I'm just sayin'....

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

But it is comparing apples to fig newtons

No one knew Dabo was going to be the coach he turned out to be when he was 19-15 after 3 seasons with one of them being a losing one.  I bet if you asked most Clemson fans, they were ready to give him the boot.

So if we are to show patience for Frost after 2 games (which of course we should) because Dabo went 19-15 in his first 3 years at Clemson, then why did we fire Riley and not give him patience after 3 years?

Edit:  For the record-I feel Riley should have been fired before going 4-8.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

No one knew Dabo was going to be the coach he turned out to be when he was 19-15 after 3 seasons with one of them being a losing one.  I bet if you asked most Clemson fans, they were ready to give him the boot.

So if we are to show patience for Frost after 2 games (which of course we should) because Dabo went 19-15 in his first 3 years at Clemson, then why did we fire Riley and not give him patience after 3 years?

I was mostly making a "Mike Riley is old" joke.  (Please nobody take offense)

I would counter that with, good thing it's not up to the fans to give performance reviews.  This may be a bit of revisionist history on my part. but Clemson was passing the eyeball test as far as improving during that 3yr span.  Meanwhile in Lincoln, we were 7-0 in year 2 and it still felt like the wheels were falling off.

This has been said during every tenure since Osborne, it's not all about wins and losses.  If it were, Frost would be either Florida or Oregon's coach right now and Frank Solich would be entering year 20 at Nebraska.

11 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Is it really necessary to try to argue out every one of these points?

Maybe because 19-15 is better than 19-19?

Probably because Dabo's at the end of Dabo's third season he had won the division and finished ranked?

Probably because Riley's third season was a complete dumpster fire?

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Is it really necessary to try to argue out every one of these points?

Maybe because 19-15 is better than 19-19?

Probably because Dabo's at the end of Dabo's third season he had won the division and finished ranked?

Probably because Riley's third season was a complete dumpster fire?

It's only better because there were 4 fewer games

Clemson's 3rd season under Swinney, they were 6-7.

One could argue Dabo's 3rd season was just barely better than a trainwreck

5 minutes ago, Redux said:

So you admit to arguing a point that you don't even agree with? I fail to see the logic here., is it for funsies?

The question I asked was to the poster that simply said Dabo went 19-15 in his first 3 years.  

I was trying to understand their viewpoint.  But you and others like to jump in on people and start arguments.  

• Plus1 1

If Frost is in his THIRD season and we lose our last 3 games like Riley did, I will criticize him just as much. Gave up 166 points his last 3 games...that's not a typo. Won 4 total games.

Frost will have an upward trajectory and will keep that 8+ win momentum starting no later than year 2-3. That's the difference. In no way shape or form was Riley going to win a B10 title here. Frost has that capability. 

• Plus1 1