Offensive line play

lo country

3 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Between the 2 they had 200 lbs on the guy. Why cut block a guy either should be able to plant in the dirt?

If it is a pass play you cut block to prevent a D lineman from getting a hand up in the air - it opens up passing lanes

And Bunch was looking to his right to pass

• Plus1 3

That clip is as pathetic as that time a few years ago our guy fell over prior to the snap. The OL needs to get their sh#t together. I thought they looked pretty decent in the CU game but we're atrocious in the Troy game. The drop off from Martinez to Bunch doesn't fully explain the disparity. They need to start doing it and quit talking to the media about it. I don't want to hear it anymore, I want to see it on the field.

• Plus1 2

Played OL in school, have helped coach it since. Cut blocks are very common, and like someone mentioned, are used to bring D-linemen's hands down (instinctively) for a quick pass. 

That said, this was terrible technique. One, cut blocks should be made parallel to the line of scrimmage. If you're going to just dive straight forward, yes, the defense is going to walk around you... 

Two, if you're going to use two offensive linemen to cut block, they need to cut in the same direction. Why the tackle seems to cut left and the guard dives right is... interesting. 

• Plus1 4

There is real potential at every other position on this Husker team, except OL, PR, and punter. I will make a bold prediction that a failure in progress for the Huskers over the next 5 years will be centered around a failure in progress from the OL. Frost's staff needs to be able to actually assess better OL recruits and bring them into the program.

I will say that I am not down on Jaimes. We are also hearing a lot about Wilson but just not seeing a lot of PT.