Nebraska will beat Michigan

BoNeyard

Shea Peterson has a 171.19 passing effeciency, he puts the ball right where it needs to be. Our secondary is going to have to cover better than they have so far. The rest of their offense is average. Our d line should have some chances, Michigan has given up 11 sacks in 3 games. They also are penalty prone, like us.

Noon start is their bread and butter, Lloyd Carr used it snivel about any other starting time. I'll be in Row 714 in the sliver of red at the Big house.

• Plus1 1

Prior to the season starting, I was also confident in Nebraska winning against Michigan.  Of course I was also confident that we'd be 3-0 at this point, not 0-2 with the Akron game cancelled.  

I am not writing this game up as a loss because I know anything can happen, but if I was a betting type, my money would stay in my purse.  I said in another thread that right now NU is in free fall and haven't hit bottom yet.  The thing is, we play well: go + in turnovers and limit penalties, yeah, we can win--but I'm not sure we're there yet.  Saturday could be painful.

56 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I don't know, it's a gut feeling that Nebraska gets the first win of the season vs Michigan. It was a feeling that I had shortly after the game yesterday. I am fully confident Nebraska beats Michigan and it creates one great momentum swing 

GBR

I'm with ya.  0-2 non conference, 8-1 in conference with Martinez running the show.

(The B1G is pretty terrible outside of OSU, they are only terrible off the field : )

Michigan OL is susceptible to good DEs because their OTs stink.  Patterson can scramble, and his pass efficiency on the run is better than when he is in the pocket. If NU can contain him that’s when the sacks happen. Michigan may be without their two best RBs. The top dog didn’t play last week. The second RB looked like he pulled a hamstring and did not return. Michigan also lost one of their best defenders (VIPER) for the first half of the NU game. He is out because of a really lame targeting called down from the booth. It was not even called on the field. No flag, on one got hurt. Everyone popped back up.

The defense is giving up 3rd and long a lot. Typically because of a penalty. They has 137 yards in penalties last week. 11 of 13 were on the defense. Many were of the automatic first down type when they had SMU stopped. The defense gave up more yards in penalties than rushing yards. They also seem to over pursue, not contain running QBs, and get gashed for big plays on scrambles.

NU has a couple areas that can exploit. It will be the battle of the stupids penalties. 

I hope we win.  If we were 3-0, healthy Martinez I'd feel much better.  With that, I think we lose.....Can't imagine Martinez will be a go that game.  If he is 100%, we have a punchers chance.  Taking away "us vs them", I have not seen anything in two games that shows we can avoid the penalties, TO's and complete mental break downs.  If the greatest improvement is truly between games 1 and 2, we are in a bind.  

I'm in this for the long haul.  Sadly realizing, that IMHO, we are lacking more pieces to right this ship than we currently have.......Frost and Co can develop guys ie Milton, Griffin etc...But all of the "wow look at UCF" came in year 2.  Frost said we are further along than UCF was, I've heard better athletes, but I have yet to see it.  Patience.....

Again, love the confidence.  I'll cheer all 4 quarters regardless the score. (I'll post my opinions in the game page!)  Order some Runza's in time for KO and enjoy, hoping we win.  

• Plus1 1

Andrew Bunch isn't walking into Ann Arbor and winning. IF Martinez plays I can't imagine him being healthy enough to run like he needs to for us to win. Michigan defense is solid and will get after us. If Martinez is more ready to go more than we think and has the confidence with his knee we could have a shot. 

• Plus1 1

I do not doubt that the team will play hard and that Frost will have them ready to play but based on what I have seen the first two games, I do not think we can beat Michigan. We would have to play mistake-free football and Michigan has to make some mistakes in order for us to win. We also need Martinez back as Bunch can only manage the game but not win it. I think it will be closer than everyone thinks but it will end up with Michigan on top. To be honest, all I care about is that the team plays hard and does not quit. If we end up losing a close one, so be it. I just do not want us to be embarrassed. 

• Plus1 2