Nebraska will beat Michigan

BoNeyard

The bullet that Bunch threw for the TD shows he has the ability to go deep and open it up.

Like Zatechka said on 590, it’s hard to tell if it’s the calls or the defense in the qb’s face the whole game.

There used to be a saying about adding losses when you start freshmen. There’s also one about improvement between game one and two.... this is Bunch’s game two. 

Maybe he looks at all the crap the bellyfloppers did that they blamed on him, and the pathetic effort in the running game and comes out mad like Tommie Frazier this time?

New coaching staff, many freshmen, not much contribution from special teams.... there are a lot of factors.

Even if Martinez is 100% (which I doubt he will be) it would be insanely difficult for us to pull this one off.  Mechicken would need to have an absolutely abysmal day and we would need to play near perfect football on offense, defense and special teams.  If Bunch starts (likely) I'd say the chance is zero.

Prior to the season started, even factoring in the huge glass of red Kool-Aid I was slurping down, I didn't even think we'd beat Michigan. I didn't think we could beat them while having played Akron and having a perfectly healthy Adrian Martinez.

Martinez is most likely still a bit gimpy and has less than four full quarters of college football experience under his belt.

I love the confidence but we are huge underdogs in this game. If we win I will speak in tongues and dance to Enya in the middle of 'O' street, though.

• Plus1 1

I think there's a difference between expecting them to win, and not being surprised if they win.  

At times, the team has looked good.  Lots of energy, improved defense, dynamic quarterback (when healthy).  

Michigan has more talent and should win, but they are no juggernaut. 

I won't be surprised if Nebraska wins.  I won't be jumping off a building if they don't, and I won't be tearing down any goalposts if they pull it off.  Mark me down as someone who believes this train is gonna take some time to get moving, but once it does, there will be no mistaking it.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Nobody expect Nebraska to go to the Big House and beat Michigan.

That probably works in our favor.

I expect coaches and team to play faster and looser given the reduced expectations. 

(just dont tell them we expect this)

This, I think Martinez plays and I hope they play like they have nothing to lose.  They should because they really do have nothing to lose.  I think it could be a lower scoring game in the 20's.  Nothing Michigan's offense has done this year is incredible by any means.  They have beat 2 teams that are most likely not as good as Colorado or Troy.  It really comes down to how well the defense plays.  If the defense can hold up against Michigan and play well getting pressure on Patterson who knows.  

At this point I just want to see Nebraska have a chance to win this game in the 4th quarter. 

Michigan clearly has the edge with their defensive line against our O-Line as previously mentioned, but the Michigan O-line is pretty awful and we've been very good at getting pressure. Not sure we win, but we should be able to get in Patterson's face and hopefully force a couple mistakes. If Adrian plays then I think we definitely cover the 18.5 point spread and should be a one possession game. Any given Saturday.

Absent a miracle (God is a Husker fan although apparently he is still watching major league baseball or something?), we are not going to win the game in Michigan.   After all the discussion on this board the past couple weeks,  what kind of "kool aid" are you drinking - it must be illegal in 98% of the countries of the world!

Michigan is likely 2 or 3 TDs better than CU and Troy and NU.   If Bunch is our QB, then offense may not score more than 13 pts and in the best case we can hold them to around 40.  

I dare say I am the most die hard Husker fan and have been for 50 years!.  I am almost always optimistic but let's try and be somewhat realistic here.   We are O-2 and have demonstrated we are extremely error prone, lack quality depth across many positions, lack experience in many of the key positions, are still learning the new offense and defense, and may not even have our 1st or 2nd or even 3rd string QB from the spring game, and if Bunch is 'the' starter, we have handicapped our QB run-centric offense by being unable or unwilling to run him for fear of his injury putting our 5th string QB on the field in front of nearly 100,000 fans mostly cheering against us.   This team has lost 6 games in a row.   We played well vs Colorado but still lost.   We didn't play as well in game 2 vs. Troy and lost (more deservedly so arguably).  

We need to match up well in the trenches vs. Michigan to have a good chance.   Very doubtful at this point.  Our defense is playing very hard but we are taking great chances in the pursuit of sacks, interceptions, etc.   We are hitting hard but haven't managed to strip many balls away or create fumbles, etc.  We have lots and lots of football "basics" to get much better on before we can boldly predict a win in Ann Arbor!   We can only wish!   I think we have too many fans already screaming for Frost's head because we are not running the table in year 1 - let's don't encourage more of that thinking.   Geesh!   

2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Michigan is likely 2 or 3 TDs better than CU and Troy and NU.   If Bunch is our QB, then offense may not score more than 13 pts and in the best case we can hold them to around 40.  

I'm not sure Michigan's offense will score 40 in ANY conference game all year.

I'm guessing Notre Dame must be a playoff contender then....and not just according to NBC.