Nebraska will beat Michigan

BoNeyard

Anything can happen, UM lost to ND and ND seems pretty bad as they barely beat fluff teams.

Now what really has to happen for Huskers to win is a perfect storm. A very mostly mistake free game, good amount of UM turnovers and an offense that put's up 24 plus points on the board.

It's doable, get UM into a "muddy" slow game and there it is, sort of like UM SC bowl game last year.

And UM right now has this overly run centrist mentality that plays into this type of game. Patterson has done rather well, but has hardly been used, only 18 pass attempts last game, will he be unleashed? who knows, not enough data really.

UM defense is very good though, penalty prone, but have a feeling they will cut the interference crap after watching some film this week.

I do think Huskers need Martinez as the new gent might get a bit shell shocked if the D starts getting through the O line. UM will definitely pressure a lot more then Troy, a lot.

Running game may be hard for Nebraska, but again, if Martinez plays that would change the dimension and probabilities in this game, there are containment and over pursuit issues with UM's D.

Anyway so many factors so little time.

If Huskers win this, it would give a well needed boost and a positive perspective on where things are, if they loose, well, it was a difficult task to begin with.

If UM wins it will be good but dependent on how they win, ugly win will not raise confidence, and if they loose, well s#!t....

On 84th street in Lincoln there used to be a Michigan flag flying high.  I haven't been over on that side of town for a while so I don't know if it's still there, but I plan to put my "N" flag up the flag pole where I live on Saturday early. 

34 - 33 Husker win.  Great thread!

- Jeepy

1 hour ago, Jeepy said:

On 84th street in Lincoln there used to be a Michigan flag flying high.  I haven't been over on that side of town for a while so I don't know if it's still there, but I plan to put my "N" flag up the flag pole where I live on Saturday early. 

- Jeepy

Another Barry Kickering fan! Or you think he misses a PAT 

1 hour ago, Jeepy said:

- Jeepy

I can't help but notice that both the Jeep in your avatar picture and profile background picture are right-hand drive steering wheels.

I need to get to the bottom of this...

The 19th-ranked Wolverines have been flagged 27 times for 244 yards, ranking it 118th nationally in fewest penalty yards given up per game (81.3).

Only eight other FBS teams with three games under their belt are worse, including one from the Big Ten (Purdue, 81.7). Nebraska, having played just two games this season, ranks 122nd (86.0).

We could be in for a long game.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, nic said:

The 19th-ranked Wolverines have been flagged 27 times for 244 yards, ranking it 118th nationally in fewest penalty yards given up per game (81.3).

Only eight other FBS teams with three games under their belt are worse, including one from the Big Ten (Purdue, 81.7). Nebraska, having played just two games this season, ranks 122nd (86.0).

So you are saying to expect a really clean penalty free game?

• Plus1 3

16 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Absent a miracle (God is a Husker fan although apparently he is still watching major league baseball or something?), we are not going to win the game in Michigan.   After all the discussion on this board the past couple weeks,  what kind of "kool aid" are you drinking - it must be illegal in 98% of the countries of the world!

Michigan is likely 2 or 3 TDs better than CU and Troy and NU.   If Bunch is our QB, then offense may not score more than 13 pts and in the best case we can hold them to around 40.  

I dare say I am the most die hard Husker fan and have been for 50 years!.  I am almost always optimistic but let's try and be somewhat realistic here.   We are O-2 and have demonstrated we are extremely error prone, lack quality depth across many positions, lack experience in many of the key positions, are still learning the new offense and defense, and may not even have our 1st or 2nd or even 3rd string QB from the spring game, and if Bunch is 'the' starter, we have handicapped our QB run-centric offense by being unable or unwilling to run him for fear of his injury putting our 5th string QB on the field in front of nearly 100,000 fans mostly cheering against us.   This team has lost 6 games in a row.   We played well vs Colorado but still lost.   We didn't play as well in game 2 vs. Troy and lost (more deservedly so arguably).  

We need to match up well in the trenches vs. Michigan to have a good chance.   Very doubtful at this point.  Our defense is playing very hard but we are taking great chances in the pursuit of sacks, interceptions, etc.   We are hitting hard but haven't managed to strip many balls away or create fumbles, etc.  We have lots and lots of football "basics" to get much better on before we can boldly predict a win in Ann Arbor!   We can only wish!   I think we have too many fans already screaming for Frost's head because we are not running the table in year 1 - let's don't encourage more of that thinking.   Geesh!   

I get it......so you're saying we DO have a chance?

4 hours ago, Undone said:

I can't help but notice that both the Jeep in your avatar picture and profile background picture are right-hand drive steering wheels.

I need to get to the bottom of this...

I horizontally flipped those pics.  Not Australian.  ;)