Nebraska will beat Michigan

BoNeyard

27 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Touche.  :)

I tried to come up with a smart penalty example...:blink:

Pass interference or defensive holding i would accept if a DB is getting torched and would otherwise result in a TD.  Of course our DB's dont have the craftiness that I used to have with an accidental leg entanglement..... I was slow so I had lots of tricks  

• Plus1 1

As a Nebraska and college football fan, I see every game as very meaningful and week 1 as like round 1 of the NCAA Tournament. I've grown up knowing you have to/want to win every game if you want a shot at the national championship. I remember in the 90's if Nebraska lost my Dad telling me, "Well maybe next year." Because back then the expectations were national championships and his reference of "Maybe next year" meant maybe they will win it all next year.

This year and these times the expectations are obviously different. No one had the expectation we were going to win the national championship or get into the playoffs. But even though the 0-2 start is disappointing, it doesn't mean this season is a loss. I've never seen college football as having a 'pre-season' because of what I posted above, but in this years case, for Nebraska, it did. Now, with a hopefully healthy Martinez, Nebraska starts their conference play. It's a 0-0 start. Again, no one had expectations of a playoff run, but who knows, maybe Nebraska can make a run at the Big Ten West. That opportunity starts Saturday.

I am still just happy we landed Frost as our head coach, really whatever happened this year I could care less because I know the future is bright. I know we may have to sacrifice a crappy season for the better of the future. No matter the outcome of this year in wins, it's better than last year, because we all know the future will be better.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, lo country said:

I wonder if the staff has picked Breon Dixon's brain about Patterson's tendencies.  Different style O, but can't hurt having a guy who played "against" him.

For the record, IF Martinez is 100% Saturday, we win.  That's my hell yea, forget about what happened last Sat shot of kool-aid prediction.  

I find it strange that Breon Dixon has not played at all yet this year after he was mentioned so much in the spring.  I did not see him on either participation report.  I wonder if he serving a silent suspension that just has not been disclosed.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

If Appalachian St. can do it....

My son attends Appalachian St.  Humbly said, that program is no slouch.  They might not get much respect, but like Troy, they appear to have a better team then our Huskers.

In the end, I fully expect at least a 20 point loss.  My guess is something like 20-45 but a 30 point loss and blowout will not surprise me.  If Michigan makes mistakes then they win by a couple of TD's.  If they play well then it just comes down to how much we self destruct in the Big House.

Still  ... remain calm  ... all is well.  In Frost I trust.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

I find it strange that Breon Dixon has not played at all yet this year after he was mentioned so much in the spring.  I did not see him on either participation report.  I wonder if he serving a silent suspension that just has not been disclosed.

There was talk right before the season started that he might redshirt

36 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

My son attends Appalachian St.  Humbly said, that program is no slouch.  They might not get much respect, but like Troy, they appear to have a better team then our Huskers.

In the end, I fully expect at least a 20 point loss.  My guess is something like 20-45 but a 30 point loss and blowout will not surprise me.  If Michigan makes mistakes then they win by a couple of TD's.  If they play well then it just comes down to how much we self destruct in the Big House.

Still  ... remain calm  ... all is well.  In Frost I trust.

Wow talk about a Debbie Downer.  It very well could end up that way, but I guess I don't see that happening.  Michigan has just not shown an offense that is that dynamic.  Yes, they put up 40 on their last 2 opponents, Western Michigan and SMU.  Those 2 opponents also have a combined record of 0-5.  I expect the game to be a slug fest. As Mo Barry put it this is going to be a front 7 game.   I would never bet Nebraska to win this game, but I won't be surprised if they do win.  I think it is within 10 pts personally something more like 27-17 Michigan. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, NUinID said:

Wow talk about a Debbie Downer.  It very well could end up that way, but I guess I don't see that happening.  Michigan has just not shown an offense that is that dynamic.  Yes, they put up 40 on their last 2 opponents, Western Michigan and SMU.  Those 2 opponents also have a combined record of 0-5.  I expect the game to be a slug fest. As Mo Barry put it this is going to be a front 7 game.   I would never bet Nebraska to win this game, but I won't be surprised if they do win.  I think it is within 10 pts personally something more like 27-17 Michigan. 

Downer alert so don’t read if you only want sunshine. I believe this is a game where we fall back into the “we don’t have a chance so why even try, who cares if we get blown out” habit that I expected to see a few times this season.  Hard to break old habits and Held’s Rocky analogy isn’t helpful. The team’s confidence after 2 losses is low. This is a stat padding game for UM offense.

1 hour ago, NUinID said:

Too funny.  I've been more consistent then the 10-2, 9-3 crowd.  I've been realistic.  6-6 to 5-7 with a possible 7-5. Since then we lost our back up QB and our starting QB.  We have made the same MR team errors and showed lack of depth and stamina.  

All this leads to your view of Debbie Downer when reality is staring you in the face. Anything can happen, I stated an opinion, just like you did.  If I'm a Debbie Downer then certainly 75% of the fan base on Huskerboard are Red Koolaid drinkers.  In a short time these same folks will turn on Frost before half way through the season.  

No debating spirit.  Just expressing what I believe and see.

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Downer alert so don’t read if you only want sunshine. I believe this is a game where we fall back into the “we don’t have a chance so why even try, who cares if we get blown out” habit that I expected to see a few times this season.  Hard to break old habits and Held’s Rocky analogy isn’t helpful. The team’s confidence after 2 losses is low. This is a stat padding game for UM offense.

OK, do you watch any Michigan football?  They have a great defense.  They have an average offense.  They want to grind it out and win running the ball with play action passing.  By no means am I picking Nebraska to win, but not a blow out.  Now at OSU may be another story.  

9 minutes ago, NUinID said:

OK, do you watch any Michigan football?  They have a great defense.  They have an average offense.  They want to grind it out and win running the ball with play action passing.  By no means am I picking Nebraska to win, but not a blow out.  Now at OSU may be another story.  

I’ve watched one UM game and no I’m not terribly impressed with their offense. It makes sense that our defense could have a good game.  I’ve also learned to expect disappointment when the unexpected happens in regards to Nebraska football lately. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/09/18/michigan-football-offense-jim-harbaugh/1341999002/

They don’t need to pull anything new from their playbook to win but they might. It’s our roll over and play dead mentality that still persists and makes me think we won’t keep this one close.

5 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I’ve watched one UM game and no I’m not terribly impressed with their offense. It makes sense that our defense could have a good game.  I’ve also learned to expect disappointment when the unexpected happens in regards to Nebraska football lately. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/09/18/michigan-football-offense-jim-harbaugh/1341999002/

They don’t need to pull anything new from their playbook to win but they might. It’s our roll over and play dead mentality that still persists and makes me think we won’t keep this one close.

So far this season have you seen a roll over and play dead mentality?  

Just now, NUinID said:

So far this season have you seen a roll over and play dead mentality?  

Nope but I know it’s still around. Hiring a competent coach doesn’t make it go away.  Sustained success and a total belief that you will win every game is the only cure. The two losses did nothing to change the mentality.