Nebraska will beat Michigan

BoNeyard

On 9/20/2018 at 11:34 AM, 4skers89 said:

Nope but I know it’s still around. Hiring a competent coach doesn’t make it go away.  Sustained success and a total belief that you will win every game is the only cure. The two losses did nothing to change the mentality.

If you seriously believe there hasn't been a change in mentality in the program, then you haven't been paying attention or have no idea what you're looking for.  

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

If you seriously believe there hasn't been a change in mentality in the program, then you haven't been paying attention or have no idea what you're looking for.  

4skers is just saying the remnants of the past are still around to a degree. I think we all agree a culture shift is in progress but isn't an instantaneous thing.  Winning speeds up the process. 

On 9/20/2018 at 11:48 AM, BigRedN said:

Too funny.  I've been more consistent then the 10-2, 9-3 crowd.  I've been realistic.  6-6 to 5-7 with a possible 7-5. Since then we lost our back up QB and our starting QB.  We have made the same MR team errors and showed lack of depth and stamina.  

All this leads to your view of Debbie Downer when reality is staring you in the face. Anything can happen, I stated an opinion, just like you did.  If I'm a Debbie Downer then certainly 75% of the fan base on Huskerboard are Red Koolaid drinkers.  In a short time these same folks will turn on Frost before half way through the season.  

No debating spirit.  Just expressing what I believe and see.

It would be good for Huskerboard members to re-read this thread.  Hopefully, reality sets after this game, so these folks who call other folks "Debbie Downer's" can give this team and Frost the needed time to rebuild the mind of this team.  

This is just like the movie Sea Biscuit where Sea Biscuit has to learn how to be a horse all over again ... his mind is just all screwed up.

Keep your heads up Husker fans.  In Frost we trust.

• Plus1 1

On 9/16/2018 at 4:54 PM, BoNeyard said:

Yep it will happen. I have full confidence Nebraska will go into Ann Arbor and pull off the upset over Michigan. Adrian Martinez will be healthy and will play, giving the offense it's dual threat, plus Michigan won't have much film on Martinez and Nebraska's offense. It's an 11 AM kickoff meaning I am sure the Big House won't be that much of a home field advantage. I think Nebraska has a great week in practice, and guys get after it and challenge each other, meaning come game time they will be ready.

Nebraska and Frost have nothing to lose going into this game. Michigan and Harbaugh on the other hand have a lot to lose. While Frost is coming into his homecoming, Harbaugh's seat is getting warm at his homecoming. Nebraska's defense has actually been a plus this year (as long as we are not in a 3rd and long situation), and I think the blackshirts will show up vs an uninspiring Michigan offense. Look for Nebraska to play loose and free while Michigan plays like they are walking on egg shells.

I don't know, it's a gut feeling that Nebraska gets the first win of the season vs Michigan. It was a feeling that I had shortly after the game yesterday. I am fully confident Nebraska beats Michigan and it creates one great momentum swing for the Cornhuskers going more into conference play. 

GBR

I hate to say it but this post may be the most wrong I have ever seen anyone on this board on any topic.  I appreciate the optimism though!

• Fire 1