Excitement of hire “Distorted Reality”

PlzCoolerMe

4 hours ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

Sipple just said on his podcast that post game there were some older guys joking, laughing and singing after the loss...  

So what? Players should be allowed to behave however they want to at any time and not have fans dissecting their actions implying that they don't care. Just because you're not miserable, sulking, crying or punching something after you lose a football game doesn't mean you don't care about winning. 

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Landlord said:

So what? Players should be allowed to behave however they want to at any time and not have fans dissecting their actions implying that they don't care. Just because you're not miserable, sulking, crying or punching something after you lose a football game doesn't mean you don't care about winning. 

Wow...   Fairly sure Frost & co would vehemently disagree with this.  

May want to listen to his presser today.  

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

Wow...   Fairly sure Frost & co would vehemently disagree with this.  

May want to listen to his presser today.  

You're either twisting around my words or misunderstanding me. Just because a player does X, that doesn't mean they believe in Y. Just because a player says A, doesn't mean that they don't care about B. 

Singing and telling jokes are things that people do in life. Sometimes even as a coping mechanism when something bad has happened that they're trying to deal with. They're hardly scandalous actions, or indicative of a bad attitude, or lack of buy in. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, husker98 said:

.................. well. That same Troy lost by 6 to clemson in 2016. Beat LSU in Death valley last year. Wen't 10-3 a year ago and has also been running spread up tempo offenses longer than we have.

Maybe, just maybe, troy isn't as bad as you think. 

And given we have a new head coach and a roster in upheaval with a lot of new faces out there, maybe we as fans should be a bit more understanding. 

And if you reread my posts you will see that I am understanding.  Moreso than most.  I'm still surrpised about this weekend.  Now I just read that Frost said our o-line got tired late in the game.  How many pounds does our o-line outweigh Troy's d-line by?  The strength and conditioning should be better for a bunch of guys who are supposed to be over the top excited about the coaching change.  That's my only gripe.  

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Undone said:

These are good discussion points. 

The thing is that strength & conditioning is actually pretty objectively measurable. Football strength programs usually now encompass more than just how much a guy can squat, overhead press, bench, clean, etc. But pick any of these things, including things like vertical jump - they're measurable. So if our team has on average greatly improved their numbers from where they were in January, that's a good thing.

Is Duvall the best S&C guy in the nation? Probably not. Hopefully nobody was out there just assuming that just because he's associated to Scott Frost and Scott Frost is associated with the Boyd Epley Hercules program.

But with all of that said, our team can continue to get stronger and better conditioned as the season goes on. We may not be where we need to be yet and that seems fairly reasonable to me.

I can buy that.  I'm still bothered our guys couldn't push around Troy's guys...especially late in the game.

• Plus1 1

Hello, I'm brand new here and can't find an intro forum/topic/thread, so I saw a topic I wanted to comment on, "..distorted reality.." around the Frost hire. 

I agree.  And the expectations seemed way over the top among many Husker fans, it appears.  Even the coach himself, I sometimes wonder.  He can talk about

the time it'll take etc.. but I have the feeling he felt a bit of that "distorted reality."  ;)

We went from expectations about not winning enough national championships to expectations about not getting into conference title games to expectations

about not beating enough teams per season ("at least 9, c'mon!) to expectations about having a "winning season" (please get into a bowl game) to now: 

expectations about being able at some point to win a game this season.

So, our expectations are not distorted reality in being too high, I would say.  ;)  Troy was supposed to be an almost sure thing.  Anyway... big job for Mr. Frost.

Gonna take time. 

- Jeepy

I don't think any game is a sure win for any program in college football today.  The skill level of players has jumped to a new level with the restrictions on schlorships at the D1 schools.  This can be seen through out the country with the wins of lower level schools over the big boys in every power five conference.  Troy was no push over and Colorado seems to have righted the ship.  Its going to take time to change the attitude of the players.  Its also going to take time to change the though process of many on this board.  We won four games last year, there is a reason for that,  change takes time,  Twenty years of sub par play can not be erased in nine months.  Chill out people and give the coach time to work things out.