Michigan Week Pressers

Mavric

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

They really messed this metaphor up, because Michigan is more akin to Clubber Lang (read: poor technique, relies too heavily on skill and trash talk) from Rocky III. Ohio State would be Ivan Drago from Rocky IV.  

Then again, if they really don't think DoNU has a shot against tOSU, then that makes tOSU Mason "the line" Dixon, a fighter that we should have zero chance of beating and their Rocky IV metaphor correct. 

And yes, before you ask, this metaphor makes Illinois the drunk, belligerent Uncle Paulie. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

They really messed this metaphor up, because Michigan is more akin to Clubber Lang (read: poor technique, relies too heavily on skill and trash talk) from Rocky III. Ohio State would be Ivan Drago from Rocky IV.  

Then again, if they really don't think DoNU has a shot against tOSU, then that makes tOSU Mason "the line" Dixon, a fighter that we should have zero chance of beating. 

And yes, before you ask, this metaphor makes Illinois the drunk, belligerent Uncle Paulie. 

Michigan is more like Apollo Creed (arrogant). Michigan State is more like Clubber Lang (starts fast, no endurance). We should figure out if we’re playing Drago, Creed or Apollo before Saturday.

4 hours ago, Undone said:

Am I crazy for believing that Will Honas should replace Dedrick Young and play alongside Mo 'The Body' Barry on Saturday?

Is that crazy?

Young is probably the fastest ILB and one of the best cover guys. For being a senior though he missed a lot of assignments the past couple games and got caught way out of position.

Honas got a lot better as the game went on and I think a Barry/Honas combo would help us in the long run.

14 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Young is probably the fastest ILB and one of the best cover guys. For being a senior though he missed a lot of assignments the past couple games and got caught way out of position.

Honas got a lot better as the game went on and I think a Barry/Honas combo would help us in the long run.

There's no way Young is faster than Barry - he's looked a little slow ever since his freshman year in my (admittedly amateur) opinion. I do agree overall though, after whiffing on the tackle and giving up the touchdown early Honas started laying the wood. Young hasn't made many splash plays that I can remember, Honas at least seems like he could.

6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

There's no way Young is faster than Barry - he's looked a little slow ever since his freshman year in my (admittedly amateur) opinion. I do agree overall though, after whiffing on the tackle and giving up the touchdown early Honas started laying the wood. Young hasn't made many splash plays that I can remember, Honas at least seems like he could.

Eh ... it depends on how you're looking at it.  I would probably agree that Young would win a footrace.  Now, if you're going to say that Barry plays faster, that's probably a fair statement.

• Fire 1
17 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Michigan is more like Apollo Creed (arrogant). Michigan State is more like Clubber Lang (starts fast, no endurance).

We should figure out if we’re playing Drago, Creed or Apollo before Saturday.

*These* are the questions our media should be asking if they truly want the pulse of Husker Nation. 

And  you're probably right that Michigan is Apollo...though I was gonna save him for a Wisky reference--while Apollo was arrogant, he ended up being a trusted friend and mentor to Rocky, and Rocky is (finally) returning the favor in Creed II: Electric Boogaloo. 

20 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

*These* are the questions our media should be asking if they truly want the pulse of Husker Nation. 

And  you're probably right that Michigan is Apollo...though I was gonna save him for a Wisky reference--while Apollo was arrogant, he ended up being a trusted friend and mentor to Rocky, and Rocky is (finally) returning the favor in Creed II: Electric Boogaloo. 

I thought Wiscy was obviously Tommy Gunn (upstart protege). Good discussion:lol:

• Fire 1