Hypotheticals:

ScottyIce

Sorry to make a re-tread here, but I'm going to post it a little differently from here on out, so the thread doesn't hypothetically die out after we don't complete the hypothetical, hypothetically speaking of course.

So, here it is for Game 3:

Does a Nebraska victory over Michigan this Saturday, signal the end for Jim Harbaugh? 

It seems like he has a lot on his plate over there and people aren't happy that they haven't even been to a conference championship yet? If we make them stub their toe, they likely miss it again. What say you Husker Nation?

• Plus1 1

I agree with most here. He is a damn good coach. People need to stop with calling for coaches heads after a few seasons or a few games. They have been pretty solid the last few years- I am sure he will get them going. After Rich Rod and all that they should realize good stable coaches dont grow on trees. 

We had our run with Callahan, Pelini- good but was trending down the last few years, Riley. 

I think we got a good one now.

Osborne would not have lasted 25 years in todays market. Hindsight I dont think anyone would give up those 25 years.

3 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Sorry to make a re-tread here, but I'm going to post it a little differently from here on out, so the thread doesn't hypothetically die out after we don't complete the hypothetical, hypothetically speaking of course.

So, here it is for Game 3:

Does a Nebraska victory over Michigan this Saturday, signal the end for Jim Harbaugh? 

It seems like he has a lot on his plate over there and people aren't happy that they haven't even been to a conference championship yet? If we make them stub their toe, they likely miss it again. What say you Husker Nation?

My father in law is a huge Michigan guy, probably fits the profile of a booster. I base my response based on his reaction to a large degree. I think a loss to Nebraska isn't the end. A loss to Nebraska, plus a loss to tOSU could be. I think by and large, Michigan is kind of where we were with Bo. You've got to win the big games. If you drop a weird one here and there, it's not the worst thing in the world. Losses to ND, MSU, tOSU will seal Jimbos fate. You win those games but lose 1 or 2 weird ones, you're fine. You keep losing all of those and I imagine he'll be gone. 

Signaling the end probably isn't the right term to use.  I do believe it would make him move to #8 or 9 on the above list.  I also think IF Nebraska beats Michigan Saturday, the loss won't look nearly as bad by seasons end.  If we turn the corner this weekend, we may only lose a few more games and end up 7-5ish.  

22 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

My father in law is a huge Michigan guy, probably fits the profile of a booster. I base my response based on his reaction to a large degree. I think a loss to Nebraska isn't the end. A loss to Nebraska, plus a loss to tOSU could be. I think by and large, Michigan is kind of where we were with Bo. You've got to win the big games. If you drop a weird one here and there, it's not the worst thing in the world. Losses to ND, MSU, tOSU will seal Jimbos fate. You win those games but lose 1 or 2 weird ones, you're fine. You keep losing all of those and I imagine he'll be gone. 

That actually was probably the best analogy I've ever read.

This seems like they are exactly where we were with Bo. Winning a bunch of games, but just couldn't get over the hump, ever.